asking for some help.

Discute about general card coding keyword, ask questions and get answer about the mechanism, about the guideline, the direction we want to go...etc...
Zethfox

asking for some help.

Post by Zethfox »

ive added a handful of new keywords for "abilities" line and would like if i can get a small group of people that can compile to help me test them furiously.

being the only active ability coder, coding the ability and then putting it through serious play testing would prevent me from spending more time to code the abilities YOU want to see in wagic.

i know for the most part that the abilities do work as they go through massive testing already while coding them...however, i cant be sure how certain abilities will interact with EVERY know possibility that could happen during a match....

so this is your friendly hard working ability coder asking for help. otherwise i will need to put my projects on hold and do a month of pure testing...and you dont want to wait THAT long to see if i try you favorate keyword next.
kaioshin

Re: asking for some help.

Post by kaioshin »

Count me in! I'd be glad to help testing. I also can compile from the sources. Unfortunately I just formatted my PC yesterday (I'm not kidding, lol), so I need to redownload visual. But that shouldn't be a problem at all. Just contact me, if you can!

cheers!
mnguyen

Post by mnguyen »

I'll help with coding if you want. but I'm in.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

my biggest concern is play testing the *about* 20 different abilitie keywords...and feedback on weird activities, like "cantcast" causing the Ai to hang for a min..and what you thought he was trying to cast....

this is the kind of feedback i need most. and bug reports....
pake1

Post by pake1 »

1 Quick thing about the manacost reduction,

I have Volrath the Fallen in play and want to sacrifice a creature from my hand. I want to sacrifice a manacost=7 Soldier creature. BUT, since i have a Daru Warchief on the field (which reduces the casting cost of Soldiers by {1}) that same manacost=7 Soldier creature, is now eligible only as a manacost=6 creature. So I will get a +6/+6 instead of a +7/+7.

Anyone else come across this?
KF1

Post by KF1 »

PSP Anomaly I find that the AI hangs a lot when given choices. In a game it had two White Knights in play and cast Astral Steel. The choice menu popped up and the AI basically froze. After a few minutes I had to pull my PSP battery out because it was not exiting normally.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

KF1,

that is not related to cantcast...the varibles and restrictions in "cantcast" abilities only apply when those cards are actually in play, other wise they do nothing.....

the issue is the ai doesnt know how to handle "storms" flood of triggers....how did the Ai end up with that in his deck? were you playing evil twin mode?

i imagine the Ai will exhabit this with all storm cards that require choosing a target.

it would seem if im reading the code in source correctly that the Ai almost gets to pre-select its targets....unlike the human player thats presented with the targetchooser when the ability resolves...when it gets flooded with targeting it doesnt know what to do....unless it cast it as only a one spell activation...then i wouldnt know what to tell you...have you been able to reproduce this?

update: was able to reproduce it...the Ai cant handle Storm...ill see if i can add a conditional for Ai and storm...it has to do with how the targetting for Ai and the spam of spells on the stack..the ai freeze not knowing how to deal with so many targets (partly because multi targetting is not in wagic :/ ...)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

pake1 wrote:1 Quick thing about the manacost reduction,

I have Volrath the Fallen in play and want to sacrifice a creature from my hand. I want to sacrifice a manacost=7 Soldier creature. BUT, since i have a Daru Warchief on the field (which reduces the casting cost of Soldiers by {1}) that same manacost=7 Soldier creature, is now eligible only as a manacost=6 creature. So I will get a +6/+6 instead of a +7/+7.

Anyone else come across this?
not even going to touch this one with a ten foot pool pike...everything that has to do with manacost changes use static numbers manacost on cards is collected as the cards enter a zone...its just something we will have to overlook....like affinity and something suddenly becoming an artifact...not much i can do about it except add a trigger EVERYTIME something enters play...which would result in a preformence decrease...we will just live with it as is...