Updating the Card Code Miki?

Discute about general card coding keyword, ask questions and get answer about the mechanism, about the guideline, the direction we want to go...etc...
cball1311

Updating the Card Code Miki?

Post by cball1311 »

If anyone is interested in updating the card code miki, I would more than happy to help out to get the newly coded material on the site. I am fairly new to wagic(3 weeks) and the card code but can pretty much figure it out. If anyone could make a list of the added parser codes that are not on the miki and brief description of each, I would gladly add them to it. A list would save some time instead of going through all the forums and the updates on the svn trying to find the updates. Then the wiki could just be reviewed and save the serious coders this process. Just trying to be of some help to keep this project going. Don't ever stop. :D I myself would benefit from this update as I am trying to code some cards myself. Just let me know.
Zethfox

Re: Updating the Card Code Miki?

Post by Zethfox »

the miki is pretty neglected right now, i have a feeling at this point im the only one that really know whats missing. without going through the SVN trunk changes. ill make a list later.
cball1311

Post by cball1311 »

Your pretty much spot on there Zeth. Like I said I'm fairly new to wagic so it takes so much time to go through the forum and the trunk to see all of the wonderful changes that you and others have made. I know this is definatly not one of the top priorities, so just when you have the spare time(spare time?? :lol: ) to send me a list I will more than happy to update the miki and see if we can recruit more coders and testers. I mean if people are just testing, they could at least check out the miki and maybe see whats going on for themselves instead of having to post,reply,test,post,reply,test if you know what I mean.

And quick question about alternative casting cost. I tried it for Force of Will, but it won't let me sacrifice a blue card from my hand. Does this only apply to actual lands or mana abilities. Thanks. Super great code though. In the words of Guiness -- "Brilliant!"
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

you might not be coding it correctly, i coded force of will also and it worked fine.

other={e(*[blue]|myhand)}{L}

should be the manacost you use for its alternative cost.
cball1311

Post by cball1311 »

Yes I was coding it incorrectly
I just had other={L}{S(*[blue]|myhand)} not realizing that your exile{e} other cost did the same as {S} duh on my part. Thanks Zeth.
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

Just a quick reply... got a lot other things to do currently, but... the miki can be changed by anybody, just register on the miki and you can change the pages... that the whole purpose of using a miki by the way...

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
cball1311

Post by cball1311 »

Yeah thanks abrasax. I am more than willing to do any updating on the miki. Im an at home dad with some time. I just wanted to see if a quick list could be compiled for me of the changes that are not on the miki. That would help me out big time so I wouldn't have to read all the SVN updates and forum pages. So as I discover new parser codes I can add them but I have only been playing wagic for about three weeks and I know there have been changes before that. I am up for anything that would help this project prosper :) I am not that good at coding cards, except for the simple to intermediate ones and most of them have been coded already.

Update-I made an account for the miki but every time I log on and go to a new page it logs me out and I can't edit. Help please?
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

actually cball, there havent been that many updates lol....it wasnt til i got SVN write access that the massive updates started...so look for the first "omegablast2002" Svn submission and just copy paste my explainations lol.

until me, there was really just a long dry spell.
cball1311

Post by cball1311 »

Yeah Zeth, thats exactly what I did. That was pretty much the easiest thing to do. I just went back since the last release and pretty much got every thing that you have added. Great additions I might add.
Still having a problem staying logged on the miki though. Everytime I open a new page it boots me out and I have to log on again then when I finally get to the edit page it logs me out again. Have you heard of any such problem like this before. Thanks
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

[card]
name=Force of Will
target=*|stack
auto=fizzle
other={e(*[blue]|myhand)}{L}
text=You may pay 1 life and remove a blue card in your hand from the game instead of paying Force of Will's casting cost. Effects that prevent or redirect damage cannot be used to counter this loss of life. Counter target spell.
mana={3}{U}{U}
type=Instant
[/card]

Please help me fix this...It won't give me option to remove a Blue Spell for the Alternative Cost to Counter a Spell...

What is wrong with this code?