Problems with damage phase & opponents 2nd main phase

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
bcdiscman

Problems with damage phase & opponents 2nd main phase

Post by bcdiscman »

I'm sure someone else has already brought these problems up, but I could not find any threads about them, so here goes...

Since the implementation of the magic rules updates in 0.8.1, I can no longer regenerate creatures during damage phase - game goes immediately from assigning damage to clean-up without giving a chance for spells/abilities after blockers have been declared and damage has been dealt (which makes regeneration useless - at least during the attack phase). Also, if your opponent does not play a card during his 2nd main phase the game immediately moves to your turn, not giving you a chance to play any abilities/spells you may have wanted to play during this phase or even at the "beginning of the end of turn phase" would be nice. :ugeek:
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman
Daddy32

Re: Problems with damage phase & opponents 2nd main phase

Post by Daddy32 »

I think Wagic is behaving correctly. Since some time, you have to use Regeneration _before_ the damage is dealt (if you check the details of the ability on newer cards, you'll see the rules' change).
NyghtcrawleR

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

Daddy32 wrote:I think Wagic is behaving correctly. Since some time, you have to use Regeneration _before_ the damage is dealt (if you check the details of the ability on newer cards, you'll see the rules' change).
This is correct.
"Real Magic" Graphic Mod & Image sets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318
bcdiscman

Post by bcdiscman »

OOOOOOOOOOkay, but what about the 2nd problem? If your opponent does not play a spell/ability during it's 2nd main phase then you don't get a chance to either?
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman
Daddy32

Post by Daddy32 »

Sorry, I overlooked the second question.
However, I have no answer; this is extremely annoying, since "the end of opponent's turn" is just perfect time to play various instants in the real game.
Anyone has the explanation?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

This functionality will be added... one day.
It's extremely complex to let the user choose when they want to play, so in the first version of Wagic I decided that you could interrupt whenever someone would draw a card, cast a spell, or ask for a phase change during your turn. This hasn't changed since.
One day this feature will be here.
dvdira

Post by dvdira »

Hello. I just registered a few minutes ago, but I've been looking through the forums this past week...

I was wondering about this particular item (playing spells at "end of turn"), because I mostly play control in MTGO, and control decks really are dependent on "end of turn" plays --- (boomerangs/unsummons on creatures, token creation for creatures like Meloku, Flash creatures like Teferi (though I havent seen him yet on the shop so he's probably not supported yet)). So far the AI decks and most of the cards available encourage aggro deck building, and this is fine... But I just wanted to say that this will round the homebrew out pretty well.

All in all however, this is not to say that I don't appreciate the efforts everyone has been putting in to continue refining this excellent program --- if only I had programming skills and the time to help out, I would --- thank you so much for bringing this to the rest of us. (Haven't been able to play MTGO since I switched to a MAC), and this has really filled in the gap somewhat.

I hope by "one day" sir, you mean within the next two releases.... :)
dvdira

Post by dvdira »

Sorry for posting consecutively.

Just as an update to my above post.... I was tweaking with the files in the PSP recently, and I found an options file in the player folder. In it, there were options, one among them was an option for "end of turn". I changed the value from 0 to 1, and it seems to have solved the problem.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

haha, I'm surprised it works, but that's good for you :)
Jeck

Post by Jeck »

Yeah, the code for phase interrupts has been in there forever, it seems, but we've not got an interface up for it yet. Congrats on finding a "pro" option :)