Windows 10 game crash on open

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
yuyu63

Windows 10 game crash on open

Post by yuyu63 »

Cross posting already posted in github

I have downloaded copys of wagic from 16.0 - 20.1.x(Current stable) none will start on 64-bit Windows 10 OS i opened my VM-ware with WIN XP pro SP3 on it and it runs all copies fine, I am on an Alienware 14 laptop running Win 10 creators update version 10.0.15063 I reinstalled both 32 and 64 bit versions of C++ redistrubtable 2010, I am unshure if this is a issue with the creator update or win10 needs its own version of wagic.

Its been 12 days sence i posted on github and no replys, just a "We are looking in on this" would sufice.

For now i am playing on my VM ware but it cant run a game like my system can and would love to have it working here, + Its not really worth the time to add a custom set to it if I cant boot it up in a timely maner ... XP is so slow.
kevlahnota

Re: Windows 10 game crash on open

Post by kevlahnota »

Works fine on my laptop though...
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

yuyu63 wrote:Cross posting already posted in github

I have downloaded copys of wagic from 16.0 - 20.1.x(Current stable) none will start on 64-bit Windows 10 OS i opened my VM-ware with WIN XP pro SP3 on it and it runs all copies fine, I am on an Alienware 14 laptop running Win 10 creators update version 10.0.15063 I reinstalled both 32 and 64 bit versions of C++ redistrubtable 2010, I am unshure if this is a issue with the creator update or win10 needs its own version of wagic.

Its been 12 days sence i posted on github and no replys, just a "We are looking in on this" would sufice.

For now i am playing on my VM ware but it cant run a game like my system can and would love to have it working here, + Its not really worth the time to add a custom set to it if I cant boot it up in a timely maner ... XP is so slow.
the unfortunate thing here is that you came like 2 years too late.
when the active devs dropped down to just myself for about a year in wagic I decided it was time for me to move on to other things.
back in the last year when I was actively deving for wagic we had maybe 3 or 4 users and 3 of them were playing on psp 1000s which we pretty much moved away from when android support was added (ram constrants was too severe on psp1000).

it soon became so much work to not only add full sets to bring wagic up to date but also be the sole ability coder for 2 year leading to that point.
I check these forums just to see whats become of this app. its been pretty cold for sometime now.
android 5.0 pretty much killed my interest in trying to dev for wagic as it became extremely painful to install and run on 5.0 because of changes to the system file permissions on android, we had to resort to using a very very dirty hackish method to get the game to even boot. while I was able to code abilities and modes, and make major changes to wagic, I did not have the knowledge to fix the wagic installation problems.
I reached out to older devs to get them to at least get it installing without hackish tricks, but they've moved on and didn't have the time or resources to work on that fix.

tldr version:
wagic is pretty much dead, and has been kept on life support by kev (which im not sure is actively working on it anymore either) for a long time now.
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

Zethfox wrote:
the unfortunate thing here is that you came like 2 years too late.
when the active devs dropped down to just myself for about a year in wagic I decided it was time for me to move on to other things.
back in the last year when I was actively deving for wagic we had maybe 3 or 4 users and 3 of them were playing on psp 1000s which we pretty much moved away from when android support was added (ram constrants was too severe on psp1000).

it soon became so much work to not only add full sets to bring wagic up to date but also be the sole ability coder for 2 year leading to that point.
I check these forums just to see whats become of this app. its been pretty cold for sometime now.
android 5.0 pretty much killed my interest in trying to dev for wagic as it became extremely painful to install and run on 5.0 because of changes to the system file permissions on android, we had to resort to using a very very dirty hackish method to get the game to even boot. while I was able to code abilities and modes, and make major changes to wagic, I did not have the knowledge to fix the wagic installation problems.
I reached out to older devs to get them to at least get it installing without hackish tricks, but they've moved on and didn't have the time or resources to work on that fix.

tldr version:
wagic is pretty much dead, and has been kept on life support by kev (which im not sure is actively working on it anymore either) for a long time now.
Well, nice to see you still visit here zeth. Anyway, yes its pretty much dead. I didn't push my latest commit since Github has problems in releases until now I think. To be honest, I did wait if the other devs can fix Github but its been so long so to keep me updated to mtg, I just joined on other mtg engine (forge) and learn things slowly (java) if I can contrbute to it.