Black Vise for example..

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
Wan73d

Black Vise for example..

Post by Wan73d »

So i've come back to wagic after a small hiatus, and i've made an attempt at picking up the latest mtg.txt for the primitives and adding it to my build on ios.

I did that successfully and starting playing again...
But..alas...bugs. Noticed a fair number of cards just not doing what they're supposed to do.
That's fine, i understand. There are fantastic people out there that are doing this for free which is absolutely amazing.

But...then i noticed broken cards that I could've sworn were previously working!!

I took my mtg.txt buid from here:
https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/t ... primitives

for example, black vise:

The code in this latest build reads:

name=Black Vise
auto=name(choose opponent) notatarget(opponent) deplete:0
auto=@each targetedplayer upkeep:damage:type:*:targetedpersonshandminus4minusend targetedplayer
text=As Black Vise enters the battlefield, choose an opponent. -- At the beginning of the chosen player's upkeep, Black Vise deals X damage to that player, where X is the number of cards in his or her hand minus 4.
mana={1}
type=Artifact
[/card]
[card]

The code in a build i had previously that i pulled out to have a look at reads:

name=Black Vise
auto=@each opponent upkeep:foreach(*|opponenthand) damage:1 opponent >4
text=As Black Vise enters the battlefield, choose an opponent. -- At the beginning of the chosen player's upkeep, Black Vise deals X damage to that player, where X is the number of cards in his or her hand minus 4.
mana={1}
type=Artifact
[/card]
[card]

From the latest build I can't get the AI to hit me for any damage even with 7 cards in my had. Tried numerous times. I remember this card working though in an old build.
So then why the change for the worse?
I'm a little worried that the guys putting their hard hours into this for free might just be chasing their own tail

Can any dev confirm that in the latest build (with the code i posted), that it has infact stopped working.
i-am-not-one

Re: Black Vise for example..

Post by i-am-not-one »

Not sure if this pertains to your particular issue but so many changes and updates have been made that you cannot simple take the mtg.txt and drop it into an older build.

The last official releases was 0.18.6 the github releases were in 0.19 for a while and they have been upped to 0.20 to reflect just how much change has occured.

Any reason you are not updating the whole package?

Hope this is helpful
Wan73d

Post by Wan73d »

well that is a very good point.
I actually am on 0.18.6. I was under the impression that i could just take the mtg.txt and re-name it and drop it into my user folder system.
That's a shame if I can't do that as it's the only solution that ive had no issue with (except for these card bugs of course) in trying to update.

I'm playing on ios, and I have not yet worked out what the heck to do with the .deb file that the github has the ios version in.
Basically i havent worked out how to build the 0.19 version to load that.

So you're saying there's something, somewhere other than the mtg.txt file that affects how the code within the mtg.txt is handled.
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

So you're saying there's something, somewhere other than the mtg.txt file that affects how the code within the mtg.txt is handled.
As far as I understand there is an engine within Wagic that parses the mtg.txt file and then the magic happens. A lot of changes have been made to this engine, so the old engine does not recognise commands in the new mtg.txt
Wan73d

Post by Wan73d »

Thanks. That's making good sense.

Seems like that engine came in somewhere between 0.18.6 and 0.19. I can't get a working ipa (ios) of 0.19, so am stuck back on 18.6 which is around M12. Not such a bad thing I guess, with only 9000 or so coded cards!
Bas

Post by Bas »

http://www.guidingtech.com/16572/instal ... pod-touch/

Does this help with installing the DEB-File?
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Wan73d

Post by Wan73d »

Bas wrote:http://www.guidingtech.com/16572/instal ... pod-touch/

Does this help with installing the DEB-File?
Unfortunately using that method and installing the .deb file installs but the app crashes on opening.
Bas

Post by Bas »

Jailbreaked?
Forums are down atm.

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Wan73d

Post by Wan73d »

You better believe it!! Wouldn't have it any other way!
Bas

Post by Bas »

Sry, no clue.
Forums are down atm.