Bug Reports June 2016 Release

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
Zethfox

Re: Bug Reports June 2016 Release

Post by Zethfox »

About versions coming out faster than you can test, the things im most interested in feedback about are new abilities. Anything that reveals cards including scry, delve, convoke, cards with extra cost, cards that reduce or increase mana cost, dethrone, cards that cant be blocked by less than 2 creatures, dredge, multitarget cards, imprint.

Basically if you can build a deck with a mix of the above.
Thats really the best feedback you can give.
Bas

Post by Bas »

Going to code Madness soon, btw? Or is there already some code integrated for that?
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Madness is already in im pretty sure
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

new abilities. Anything that reveals cards including scry, delve, convoke, cards with extra cost, cards that reduce or increase mana cost, dethrone, cards that cant be blocked by less than 2 creatures, dredge, multitarget cards, imprint.
Thanks for this. I knew scry was in there but I guess there is a lot of testing to be done.

1160 is the version I downloaded and did my brief tests on this morning.

I noticed with Primordial Hydra I paid (G)(G)(4) and it asked me if i want 0, 1 ,2 ,3 or 4 counters on it. I was quite impressed.

My origins deck is still causing crashes but I will look into this further. Pretty sure it is something with my card images

Will get onto new deck making after I find some cards with those abilities i like. :)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

I was going to work on a few new abilities, but im going to work a bit on ai instead.

Noticed it doesnt bother with cards like cabal coffers, not sure if it was a change i did a long time ago, or if it happen during a refactor, but anyways it needs a quick revamp on how it finds mana.

Had to teach it how to use x again. So you might want to try the very lasest release instead.

Its unfortunate, seems like the community for wagic completely vanished when i announced i was leaving.
Before my biggest issue was having people derail feedback post, now its more like im on here necroing post from 2 years ago. And talking to the 2 forum users that are left. Bas runs custom stuff on a psp build, and not sure how your set up is.

Seems like im pretty much coding wagic for kev and i at this point. Even wololo doesnt chime in anymore.
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

I downloaded a scry deck from online.

A few cards were not available but the ones that were seemed to work a charm.

Sigiled starfish.
Thassa, God of the sea. (Never got enough devotion to become a creature :oops: )
Dissolve
(They are all scry 1)

And magma jet which is scry 2 also works.
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

I hope someone improves the network code (also the rules for it) or/and make the AI toughest if you unlocked more than 15 decks. I'm still thinking what to do on deck menu and deck editor layout. I'm still working on it.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

I'm taking a break from abilities coding to work on AI a bit, going to give it another revamp like I did before. teach it some new tricks. What I really want to add is a way for AI to see what players target with abilities, or when players do certain cards, and I want it to kind of "learn" from the player. So we dont have to keep adding new code every time a ability gets added.
I think that would be ideal, at least "on paper", but we will see if i can translate that into code. that way ai can learn vs its player. if the player is new and doesnt play well, then ai will be just a new. thats what I want to do anyways. Not making any promises yet.
Bas

Post by Bas »

Zethfox wrote:
Its unfortunate, seems like the community for wagic completely vanished when i announced i was leaving.
Before my biggest issue was having people derail feedback post, now its more like im on here necroing post from 2 years ago. And talking to the 2 forum users that are left. Bas runs custom stuff on a psp build, and not sure how your set up is.
Is CFW common on the PSV or are people not using it? This might be an issue for WTH.
Maybe a "X easy steps to play MTG on your PSV" thread/video somewhere? Promote on /talk?
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

I think its pretry common now, there are multiple methods just like the old psp. You just have to do the most recent.