Bug Reports June 2016 Release

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
Zethfox

Re: Bug Reports June 2016 Release

Post by Zethfox »

Quick question, does the release on github that you installed on your psp have "test suite" in the play menu?
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

Downloaded 0.19.2.1029 Last night and had a bit of a play on PSP.

No test suite in the play menu I am using. :D

The premade G/R played through no problems.

The first time I played with card images and my own deck it had the graphical problems described by BAS. Showed card backs, graphics weirdness, that sort of thing. Only 7 turns in but at least it was not a blue screen.

Second time around playing the same deck it made it through a whole game. 24 turns.

Deck editor with images still blurry but they seem to have improved? Could be my imagination.

When going in options and saving and quitting on the user screen. When it goes back to the main menu there is a little line under the images for each option. If you play after this it often crashes. Better to do a complete restart. (This has been an issue for sometime but probably not reported as a restart is the easy work around)

So far so good.

Oh and I have to mention 12,918 unique cards. 12,918 UNIQUE!!!
For anyone like me who has been playing 0.19.2.726 that is a leap of over 1000 cards. (About 600 more cards than Bas' version last time I checked)

Lot of play testing to be done.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Careful not to run the game with primitives other than the cores. I ask that you please play for a few days with the base release before adding any custom sets or card code. Images are fine to use. Just primitives keep out.

Reason i say this is because the engine went through some major work, and user created content has priority. So if you have a custom arbor elf, and i added support for a real arbor elf. The game will load your arbor elf instead of the one i need players to test...arbor elf is just an example btw.

Last thing i need is bug reports and wasted time looking for them based on primitive conflicts.

Btw, convoke and delve coming soon, coding cards now. Finished engine code yesterday.
Bas

Post by Bas »

The first time I played with card images and my own deck it had the graphical problems described by BAS. Showed card backs, graphics weirdness, that sort of thing. Only 7 turns in but at least it was not a blue screen.
What happened on 7th turn?
Btw, convoke and delve coming soon, coding cards now. Finished engine code yesterday.
/Zethfox Godmode enabled.
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Thank you bas, lol actually not really god mode, i have an unfair advantage over other devs...90% of anything related to abilities was coded by me, and i know my way around my terrible speggetti code.
Lol i imagine poor kev goes in there and thinks "what the **** is this actually doing"

But i also had a lot of rules on me. 1 line per card, nonintrusive code(abilities must not have too much dependency in other abilities code, so if they are removed no extra work will be required to fix things), generic as possible code.

I also have the advantage of already knowing the scary parts of our code base. There are things that if you change in the engine cause complete mayhem.
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

New release out on github. 0.19.2.1047 Unfortunately it has the same in-game black screen on PSP as the release before last :(

Going to have to change the name of this thread or start a new one :lol:
Careful not to run the game with primitives other than the cores.
As a general rule I do not add primitives. I am happy to play with the provided cards. All 12,000 or so of them.
I can understand why people want the latest stuff but a more stable platform is more appealing to me.
Until recently I had stopped playing with added images but I think for testing purposes it is better to play with them.
I will check to make sure my USER folder is pretty clean of extra stuff.

*UPDATE*
I had a few tmp.dat files. Never seen those before. Like <set code>tmp.dat
Are these part of wagic or have they come from somewhere else?
Would Wagic read them?
I deleted them just to be safe.
What happened on 7th turn?
That was when the glitching occurred. Fine prior to that.
Bas

Post by Bas »

What kind of glitching?
Forums are down atm.

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Bas

Post by Bas »

Question to releases, aren't the new core files included in every new release? Means, if I use the PSP release I do not need the new core files?
Forums are down atm.

Djardin

Post by Djardin »

The core resources are included into the Wagic-psp.zip file if that's what you mean. You don't need the Wagic-Core.zip file on PSP, this one is used on Android, iOS and some flavors of Qt...
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

Who do? You do? What? :?:

Remind me of the babe. :lol:

The glitching I am talking about is the card images all becoming the card back image and some graphical stuff.
Only happened once. Zeth explained that it is because the PSP is reaching the limits of it's memory. :(
Means, if I use the PSP release I do not need the new core files?
Been like this a long time Bas but you can delete the stuff in res folder and drop the core file in if you want. Might be useful for you the way you operate but I don't recommend it. :)

I tested out 0.19.2.1051 (latest release) This morning.
It is again working on PSP. The premade G/R deck works fine (And is named premade g/r, both times the PSP version went to in game black screen it was called deck1)
The set count is now up to 133. I will have to reinstall 'Temple of Wololo' to unlock 10 sets ;)