Fixed "Slag Fiend", "Broodstar"& "Master Transmuter"

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
Bas

Fixed "Slag Fiend", "Broodstar"& "Master Transmuter"

Post by Bas »

Slag Fiend: P/T was only calculated (at least in the release I have, 0.19.2 I believe) when it came into play and didn't change afterwards.

Since I noticed cranial plating is working I figured a similar code would work for SF as well:

Code: Select all

auto=foreach(artifact|graveyard) 1/1
This is the old code:

auto=type:artifact:graveyard/type:artifact:graveyard cdaactive
Shouldn't it actually update automatically with the old code as well, though?

Couldn't find any side effects during my (albeit short) testing.

This worked. This is the code for Broodstar. It is really basically the same code. Edit: Just tested a sec ago, this works!

#NEW:
auto=foreach(artifact|mybattlefield) 1/1
# OLD:auto=type:artifact:mybattlefield/type:artifact:mybattlefield cdaactive

Unfortunally I did't get Master Transmuter to work. This is the code in my file, tried playing around with this official code but with no success (it is kinda complicated):

auto={H(artifact|mybattlefield)}{U}{T}:may name(put artifact in play) ability$!moveTo(mybattlefield) notatarget(artifact|myhand)!$ controller
IIRC it bounces an artifact to your hand and you are allowed to select one, but nothing happens.

Edit: Meanwhile I fixed this code, tested and is working:

#NEW test 3:
auto={H(artifact|mybattlefield)}{U}{T}:moveTo(myBattlefield) notatarget(artifact|myhand)
# OLD: auto={H(artifact|mybattlefield)}{U}{T}:may name(put artifact in play) ability$!moveTo(mybattlefield) notatarget(artifact|myhand)!$ controller
If you want to use the fixed code for the two cards just replace your auto= section of them in your mtg.txt file in /sets/primitives/. Just search for the names with CTRL + F.

Edit2: OK. ok, here is the full code for each of the cards. Just search for the cards' code in the /sets/primitives/mtg.txt:

[card]
name=Master Transmuter
#NEW test 3:
auto={H(artifact|mybattlefield)}{U}{T}:moveTo(myBattlefield) notatarget(artifact|myhand)
# OLD: auto={H(artifact|mybattlefield)}{U}{T}:may name(put artifact in play) ability$!moveTo(mybattlefield) notatarget(artifact|myhand)!$ controller
text={U}, {T}, Return an artifact you control to its owner's hand: You may put an artifact card from your hand onto the battlefield.
mana={3}{U}
type=Artifact Creature
subtype=Human Artificer
power=1
toughness=2
[/card]

[card]
name=Broodstar
abilities=affinityartifacts,flying
#NEW:
auto=foreach(artifact|mybattlefield) 1/1
# OLD:auto=type:artifact:mybattlefield/type:artifact:mybattlefield cdaactive
text=Affinity for artifacts (This spell costs {1} less to cast for each artifact you control.) -- Flying -- Broodstar's power and toughness are each equal to the number of artifacts you control.
mana={8}{U}{U}
type=Creature
subtype=Beast
power=*
toughness=*
[/card]

[card]
name=Slag Fiend
#NEW CODE, working:
auto=foreach(artifact|graveyard) 1/1
# OLD CODE:
#auto=type:artifact:graveyard/type:artifact:graveyard cdaactive
text=Slag Fiend's power and toughness are each equal to the number of artifact cards in all graveyards.
mana={R}
type=Creature
subtype=Construct
power=*
toughness=*
[/card]
Last edited by Bas on Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Bas

Re: Fixed "Slag Fiend", "Broodstar", can't fix "Master Trans

Post by Bas »

Looks like I got the transmuter to work by using basically the code from "Trash for Treasure". Will post code soon.

Fixed code, tested and working:

#NEW test 3:
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
i-am-not-one

Re: Fixed "Slag Fiend", "Broodstar"& "Master Transmuter"

Post by i-am-not-one »

Nice work on fixing them up for yourself but I would have a look here

https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/wiki/CardCode
kevlahnota

Re: Fixed "Slag Fiend", "Broodstar"& "Master Transmuter"

Post by kevlahnota »

cdaactive is for cards that have dynamic power and toughness, so the computation of P/T in regards with the layers (layer 7) will be accurate. You need to use a latest GIT build for cdaactive to work properly.
613.3a Layer 7a: Effects from characteristic-defining abilities that define power and/or toughness are applied. See rule 604.3.
613.3b Layer 7b: Effects that set power and/or toughness to a specific number or value are applied. Effects that refer to the base power and/or toughness of a creature apply in this layer.
613.3c Layer 7c: Effects that modify power and/or toughness (but don’t set power and/or toughness to a specific number or value) are applied.
613.3d Layer 7d: Power and/or toughness changes from counters are applied. See rule 121, “Counters.”
613.3e Layer 7e: Effects that switch a creature’s power and toughness are applied. Such effects take the value of power and apply it to the creature’s toughness, and take the value of toughness and apply it to the creature’s power.

Example: A 1/3 creature is given +0/+1 by an effect. Then another effect switches the creature’s power and toughness. Its new power and toughness is 4/1. A new effect gives the creature +5/+0. Its “unswitched” power and toughness would be 6/4, so its actual power and toughness is 4/6.
Example: A 1/3 creature is given +0/+1 by an effect. Then another effect switches the creature’s power and toughness. Its new power and toughness is 4/1. If the +0/+1 effect ends before the switch effect ends, the creature becomes 3/1.
Example: A 1/3 creature is given +0/+1 by an effect. Then another effect switches the creature’s power and toughness. Then another effect switches its power and toughness again. The two switches essentially cancel each other, and the creature becomes 1/4.