Sliver bugs (0.16)

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
Penance

Sliver bugs (0.16)

Post by Penance »

Greetings,
This is my first post and I have noticed two rules-related bugs in version 0.16: (Moderators, if you believe this shouldn't be in this section, I apologise in advance)

1) Virulent Sliver:
If there are multiple Virulent Slivers in play, their poisonous 1 effect should trigger multiple times, once per sliver (502.69b If a creature has multiple instances of poisonous, each triggers separately.), however this is not the case. Each time, only one poison counter is added to the defending player for each attacking sliver. This is not how this card should function. Practically each Virulent Sliver should copy its effect to every sliver, so there must be multiple instances of the same ability.

2) Harmonic Sliver:
This has been noted before in this forum, but Harmonic Sliver is still bugged. Either it destroys all creatures you control, or (if I use the custom code presented in the forum which is: newability[choice destroy target(artifact,enchantment)]) then it destroys only one creature I control. The card however should have a "disenchant" effect when it enters the battlefield, and grand this ability to every other sliver (I believe that to code this correctly, it should grand this ability to every sliver card as though it was already printed on it)

On a side note, a third bug which occurs approximately 2 out of 5 times on my PSP (phat PSP 1000 on 6.20 Pro B6, Sandisk 16GB Ultra Memory Stick) is the "blue screen of death" right after a match ends, before credits are given. This also has been noted elsewhere in the forum, but I report this because this doesn't happen with a friend's PSP which is a 2000 model. I guess it may have something to do with the model difference and how it handles memory.

I thank you in advance for your reply.
Zethfox

Re: Sliver bugs (0.16)

Post by Zethfox »

working on a fix for Virulent Sliver, unfortunately Harmonic Sliver has to be removed from wagic supported list. thank you for reporting.
Penance

Post by Penance »

No problem, my pleasure! :)

Another little bug I noticed:
Sometimes, without any apparent reason, the psp memory led starts to blink heavily, and the game almost hangs. This is only solved if I quit the wagic application via the home button, which by the way, responds instantly (so it isn't a background process). I do not know what is the trigger to this, since it may happen even if there are only 2-3 permanents in play without anything happening in the game, when, other times, with the same decks, with a lot more stuff in play (like 12 different sliver creatures sharing different abilities) everything works like a charm. I haven't noticed a pattern so far, so I am just reporting this if it can help you more for 0.17.

Good luck with this project, I really believe in it.
Risewild

Post by Risewild »

Penance wrote:No problem, my pleasure! :)

Another little bug I noticed:
Sometimes, without any apparent reason, the psp memory led starts to blink heavily, and the game almost hangs. This is only solved if I quit the wagic application via the home button, which by the way, responds instantly (so it isn't a background process). I do not know what is the trigger to this, since it may happen even if there are only 2-3 permanents in play without anything happening in the game, when, other times, with the same decks, with a lot more stuff in play (like 12 different sliver creatures sharing different abilities) everything works like a charm. I haven't noticed a pattern so far, so I am just reporting this if it can help you more for 0.17.

Good luck with this project, I really believe in it.
This happens with me sometimes (but not much), I didn't found out why it happens but I did found that every time I play the blue and white Ice Age card "Glaciers" that happens and if next turn I don't pay the upkeep and it gets sacrificed the game go back to normal :P
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

during your upkeep phase, click the glaciers, it will say up cost.....get mana to pay it and click upcost in that menu...
Risewild

Post by Risewild »

Zethfox wrote:during your upkeep phase, click the glaciers, it will say up cost.....get mana to pay it and click upcost in that menu...
Thank you for the help, but you misunderstood me :) I know how to pay upkeeps, what I meant was that when the glaciers card is in play that freezing slowing down happens but if it gets out of the battlefield (like if I don't pay the upkeep) the game returns to normal, so that slow down freezing of the game (it makes it unplayable) might be related with certain cards.
But once again thank you for being so helpful and nice and ready to help :D
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

ahhh, no worries, yes i did miss understand...
infact i'm very glad you replied, I'll check out the code on it and see whats up...

edit, I think i see the culprit

[card]
name=Glaciers
auto=upcost[{W}{U}] sacrifice
auto=lord(mountain) loseabilities
auto=lord(mountain) transforms((plains))
auto=lord(mountain) losesubtypesof(land)
text=At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Glaciers unless you pay {W}{U}. -- All Mountains are Plains.
mana={2}{W}{U}
type=Enchantment
[/card]

we no longer need to have the mountain lose abilities and for some reason we have it lose subtypes but twice we change it into a plains...try it like this

[card]
name=Glaciers
auto=upcost[{W}{U}] sacrifice
auto=lord(mountain) losesubtypesof(land)
text=At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Glaciers unless you pay {W}{U}. -- All Mountains are Plains.
mana={2}{W}{U}
type=Enchantment
[/card]

it can be found in the primitives located in set->primitives->mtg.txt ...do a find for glaciers and replace whats there with what i wrote here....

please tell me if this solved your problem..
Risewild

Post by Risewild »

That works like a charm :D or should I say, It works! Thanks for the fix ;) .
I should have checked the code for that card :oops: since I am trying to learn about card coding, but since I only play wagic when I am out, I always forget to check this stuff when I am home :| .
Well thanks again :D now it's one less card to make my psp lag so much it makes it impossible to play :D .