Wagic nightly builds

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
Djardin

Re: Wagic nightly builds

Post by Djardin »

If I were you, I would try in a directory without any spaces in the path ... And be sure to try in in a fresh checkout, all our makefiles have a nice tendencies to overwrite each other...

Btw, it seems your SVN contains a lot of new cards and ability patches not in the Github one. In particular as the ability sets are different, cards created for your SVN may not work with the Github one ... Would it be possible that you contribute to the Github project what you think should be put in standard wagic release ?
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

Djardin wrote:If I were you, I would try in a directory without any spaces in the path ... And be sure to try in in a fresh checkout, all our makefiles have a nice tendencies to overwrite each other...

Btw, it seems your SVN contains a lot of new cards and ability patches not in the Github one. In particular as the ability sets are different, cards created for your SVN may not work with the Github one ... Would it be possible that you contribute to the Github project what you think should be put in standard wagic release ?
Ya I have a lot of modded code done by others as well in my personal Wagic. I know that cards I created will not work with the Git source.

Most of my own additions are cosmetic changes and codes that use some workarounds. For instance I changed all the cards that used custom tokens that did not use images so that they could appear, but that requires my modded _cards.dat. I created a random music generator code so that when you start a battle it will play a randomly generated music file from up to twenty tracks you put in the sounds folder. I enlarged the life totals for easier readability but that requires the font to be changed so that it appears in the correct coordinates. I have an up to date mtg.txt that contains all fixes from the bugs and other reported topics. I have modded the mulligan code to allow for a mulligan during your upkeep if you do not go first. I created a temp fix for Hermit Druid Basic to let you still have the land you are supposed to get if you go first. I have found bugs that for cards that can not be fixed by normal card code and removed the cards from the mtg.txt. There are other changes but I can not remember all of them. Most of my extra cards that are coded on my game consist of any scry cards or cards that look at the top X using Excessum's Scry code. I have the Bestow cards added using the bestow workaround. Also I have added madness using a minor workaround that still lets the cards hit the graveyard. Using the scry code and a bit of work I have successfully added Cascade to my game.

I am also an MTG Judge and there are some cards/abilities that do not work according to official rules that I wish I was knowledgable enough to change. Example is Persist and Undying. These can be fixed by using an auto line instead of the keyword but I would rather leave the keyword intact. The problem is that these abilities are not using the stack. They should trigger from the graveyard and you should be able to respond to them before they are moved from the graveyard.

Another is cards that gain or give abilities based on cards in a zone with those abilities. The problem is with the protection abilities. Instead of actually checking for protection the cards seem to be just checking for that color of card and granting protection based on that. Example is Cairn Wanderer. If a white creature is in the graveyard it is getting protection from white. This should not be.

Another issue is the notatarget keyword. It is still unable to target cards that have protection, shroud, or hexproof. It used to be able to and has not for some time. I don't know the reason for this.

canplayfromgraveyard only allows the cards to be played like land and not cards to be cast, makes crucible of worlds work but gravecrawler and yawgmoth's will do not work with this code. I had fixed gravecrawler a while back and don't know if it is fixed in the SVN but Will is not codable as it is with this line.

The final issue that would be nice to be addressed is the fact that if you use multikicker on a spell, you can no longer tap lands for mana until you change phases. I do not know why this is but if it is fixed, the Strive mechanic would be fully supported.

I have wanted to be able to have access to the SVN for quite a while but was never invited. I do not mind though, as I can not really make my own complex codes using C#, my main interest was in adding cards and fixing bugs that people reported and you guys have used a lot of my codes in the past. And since the Wagic was not getting updates for a while I decided to allow people to be able to access my forked Wagic so that people could still get an updated version of the game. Then from that point I just started modding it as I went along. I am not sure what codes I can offer but I can give you a copy of my patch file for the SVN that contains all of the code mods I have done up to this point. Not sure what you can use or not and no guarantee that some of the codes, namely the change to the Life total size and font may need files from the graphics folder. I will pm you the file and you can look it over I guess.

It is just that I have made so many mods to my game now, I am not sure what should and should not be contributed to the Git SVN.
!!Check out My Created Sets and other Stuff!!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3380
ph34rbot

Post by ph34rbot »

After reading that last post and all his contributions I suggest that taco gets the developer status on the forum and that he gets permission on the github repository.
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

ph34rbot wrote:After reading that last post and all his contributions I suggest that taco gets the developer status on the forum and that he gets permission on the github repository.
I have been invited to the github already thanks. Right now it is too much work to break down the codes I have into separate codes as I no longer have track of all changes made and to which addition each change belongs. I could not have helped as much without the work of others and currently have no asperations to attempt what it would take to create separate pull requests to the git. Thanks anyway and I appreciate the support.
!!Check out My Created Sets and other Stuff!!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3380
MithosFall

Post by MithosFall »

I have some bug reports. I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong area, but I honestly don't know where I should go. I've been to the Please read before posting: Forum Rules, Want to help ?, Bug reporting help & guidelines - Read before reporting bugs, and Bugs SVN topics, but none of them really helped my confusion. They either pointed to pages that haven't had new posts in years, or simply appeared to be abandoned. And I went to the Bug Reports forum page, but I have multiple different reports and I didn't want to risk wasting anyone's time if one of them was already known. I also can't talk to anyone to learn anything about this board because I'm new and can't PM anyone. I apologize if I'm being ignorant, but this board doesn't seem to be very new user friendly.

Anyway, a little about myself to rule out a few things. I'm somewhat experienced with coding, so I picked up the primitives language pretty quickly. I also am a rules advisor for Magic with the DCI and I've been playing the game for about 9 years. Here are some things that I've noticed that don't seem to work quite right with the game. Note that I'm using a PSP and am using primitives updated to the newest SVN; 19.5, I think.
  • Changelings don't count as having all creature types while in your library. I was using Lin Sivvi to search for a Rebel with converted mana cost 4 or less from my library and Mirror Entity was not selectable.
  • Mirror Entity's activated ability sets all of your creatures' power and toughness to whatever X is; despite any other modifiers. In the actual game, if I payed 5 for Mirror Entity's ability while my opponent had a Crusade on the battlefield, Mirror Entity would then be a 6/6. Currently in Wagic, it would be a 5/5
  • The card Ethereal Haze uses the first of the following lines of code. It should be the second.

Code: Select all

auto=preventalldamage to(creature) ueot

auto=preventalldamage from(creature) ueot
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

Thanks for your report, as I assumed you used the github beta releases, I think the simpler would be to enter those issues directly in github issue tracker (https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/issues). Same for your fixes, please directly propose them as git pull request.
Risewild

Post by Risewild »

Hello, I came by recently to see if anyone else compiled a more updated android version of wagic but no one seems to be making wagic nightly builds anymore for any version so I am starting to read how to compile it for android, but it seems too confusing for my old tired brain. I am not one for quitting easily so I will try to learn how to do it anyway, but just wanted to ask if anyone else could post a more recent android wagic version in here or point me in the right direction for learning how to do it myself (I am reading the GitHub wiki page about compiling but I have no idea what most of the stuff there means or is, also english is not my first language and that might make things harder).
It bothers me have to ask for help, because I like to be able to do things myself, but I have been playing the same wagic for 2 years and I have the feeling I am missing some new things.

I hope I do not sound like I am being demanding or something like that, it is not my intention at all, I am just not getting any younger and pains me that I am not as smart as I used to be when I was young and feel dumb for not be able to do it myself.
Well thanks for your time and feel free to tell me to shut up if you want or feel necessary :?
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

Nightly builds for Android but also psp, windows and macosx are always available for the github project here https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/releases. They obviously only contain modifications publicly contributed to Github...
Risewild

Post by Risewild »

Thanks you for the reply :D .
I managed to install the apk file after uninstalling the old version, then it downloaded a version 192 or something like that (I am assuming it was the magic core file) and now it seems like it works. :)
Once again thank you for the link :D .
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

MithosFall wrote:I have some bug reports. I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong area, but I honestly don't know where I should go. I've been to the Please read before posting: Forum Rules, Want to help ?, Bug reporting help & guidelines - Read before reporting bugs, and Bugs SVN topics, but none of them really helped my confusion. They either pointed to pages that haven't had new posts in years, or simply appeared to be abandoned. And I went to the Bug Reports forum page, but I have multiple different reports and I didn't want to risk wasting anyone's time if one of them was already known. I also can't talk to anyone to learn anything about this board because I'm new and can't PM anyone. I apologize if I'm being ignorant, but this board doesn't seem to be very new user friendly.

Anyway, a little about myself to rule out a few things. I'm somewhat experienced with coding, so I picked up the primitives language pretty quickly. I also am a rules advisor for Magic with the DCI and I've been playing the game for about 9 years. Here are some things that I've noticed that don't seem to work quite right with the game. Note that I'm using a PSP and am using primitives updated to the newest SVN; 19.5, I think.
  • Changelings don't count as having all creature types while in your library. I was using Lin Sivvi to search for a Rebel with converted mana cost 4 or less from my library and Mirror Entity was not selectable.
  • Mirror Entity's activated ability sets all of your creatures' power and toughness to whatever X is; despite any other modifiers. In the actual game, if I payed 5 for Mirror Entity's ability while my opponent had a Crusade on the battlefield, Mirror Entity would then be a 6/6. Currently in Wagic, it would be a 5/5
  • The card Ethereal Haze uses the first of the following lines of code. It should be the second.

auto=preventalldamage to(creature) ueot

auto=preventalldamage from(creature) ueot
thanks for the report :)