Wagic nightly builds

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
Rolzad73

Re: Wagic SVN builds

Post by Rolzad73 »

mister_playboy wrote:I built Wagic on a Pentium IV computer but the performance was so bad (pre-open sourced Intel graphics have bad Linux support) I removed the build environment and trashed the binary. :oops:

I'm very surprised neither Debian nor Ubuntu have Wagic PPAs yet!
mister, does your version have sound (I cant try it out myself). I got one version to build on 32 bit Debian, but I'm pretty sure that the FMOD issue that I always run into has left it silent.
Rolzad73

Post by Rolzad73 »

I've compiled a couple of Debian 32 bit versions from SVN #4862 and I am wondering which one has the correct features. Neither of them have sound (FMOD build issue I have to figure out I suspect). The versions I built were the qt and the x11 targets.

Both ran very well on a laptop (Asus Z96js - circa 2006) with these specs:
  • Intel Core Duo 1.86Ghz
  • 2 GB Ram
  • ATi x1600 256mb
  • Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
Notable Differences
x11
size - 5022675 (app started up without having to download resources)

Default options on first startup:
Music = Mute
Sound = Mute
Seconds to pause for interrupt = 0
Closed hand = invisible

Some key bindings:
Space = PSP circle
Shift L = Shoulder L
Shift R = Shoulder R

Play Menu:
- Play Game
- Demo
- Cancel

qt
size - 3089981 (app had to download resources on first startup. I'm guessing the new .Wagic folder in my home directory is the result of that)

Default options on first startup:
Music = 50
Sound = Mute
Seconds to pause for interrupt = 5
Closed hand = visible

Some key bindings:
32 (which is "Space") = PSP circle
81 (which is "q") = Shoulder L
65 (which is "a") = Shoulder R

Play Menu:
- 1 Player
- 2 Players
- Demo
- Cancel
Rolzad73

Post by Rolzad73 »

Oh, I see the mouse works on the qt version but not on the x11.
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

Basically, the X11 version that gets compiled on Linux using the "makefile" is unmaintained. It can have sound with fmod on 32 bits, nothing on 64 bits, no mouse support.
We could probably update the X11 version to rely on SDL like the Windows and Android versions ... It would get mouse support, but we would still have a problem for sound in this case.
The only one I'm maintaining is the Qt version using "wagic-qt.pro". The Qt version exist for all the platforms (including maemo, meego), in both QWidget and QML flavors, it uses phonon for sound.
I'll push a version updated for Qt5 in the coming days, and I have big hopes to have one version available with Qt5.1 working also on Android and iOS ...
j6m6w6

Post by j6m6w6 »

is there even anyone here that can compile for iOS still? Its been a while and still no word. im dying for a more recent version to play on the ol ipad.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

The sources are oit there, anybody with a mac should be able to compile the ios version, I assume
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

I am going to be adding the Windows SVN release build to my topic in my signature. So that people who can't compile will be able to get an SVN. I will try to update it as much as I can since I am updating mine all the time.
!!Check out My Created Sets and other Stuff!!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3380
Risewild

Post by Risewild »

wololo wrote:The sources are oit there, anybody with a mac should be able to compile the ios version, I assume
Well I am willing to compile the IOS SVN version of wagic, since my wife just got a mac as a present from her uncle :D , but there is a problem, neither me or her EVER used a mac, and I have no knowledge of how to be able to compile wagic for IOS :? I have googled for info on how to compile apps for IOS and other related stuff I could think about, but I still have no idea on how to do it :cry: .
So I am willing to do it, but I really need someone to tell me at least which software/compiler I would need to do it, since I am not the most wise in ways of software :lol: after all I needed to read at least five times the compiler guide page to be able to do it for PSP and Windows before. :oops:
Since I read here that there are quite a few other people interested in an IOS version I beg you, if you are one of those interested and have any knowledge on how to do it please at least point me in the right direction ;) thanks.

Risewild
KarloxLoKo

Post by KarloxLoKo »

Risewild wrote:
Well I am willing to compile the IOS SVN version of wagic, since my wife just got a mac as a present from her uncle :D , but there is a problem, neither me or her EVER used a mac, and I have no knowledge of how to be able to compile wagic for IOS :? I have googled for info on how to compile apps for IOS and other related stuff I could think about, but I still have no idea on how to do it :cry: .
So I am willing to do it, but I really need someone to tell me at least which software/compiler I would need to do it, since I am not the most wise in ways of software :lol: after all I needed to read at least five times the compiler guide page to be able to do it for PSP and Windows before. :oops:
Since I read here that there are quite a few other people interested in an IOS version I beg you, if you are one of those interested and have any knowledge on how to do it please at least point me in the right direction ;) thanks.

Risewild
Hi, i don't know very much but i'll try to help.
First you'll need that your mac is up to date.
also the lastest xcode from the mac store and a apple developer account.
and a svn program to get the source.

this is all i know. sorry.
MPR full collection owner!

Yo no quiero firma.
I Don't want signature.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
Risewild

Post by Risewild »

Thanks for the answer :D I had no idea we would need an apple developer account for it :shock: I thought we would only need an account to publish the app on the store :? no wonder no one around here is able to do it if it requires $99 per year :o . I guess I can't do it after all :cry: I barely have enough money to pay rent and buy food every month :( .