Bugs 0.16.0: please post your bug reports here

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
Flypaper

Re: Bugs 0.16.0: please post your bug reports here

Post by Flypaper »

Zethfox wrote: good find i will work on this next.
edit:having issues recreating this, i did exactly as you stated many times and could not get a crash out of it, do you build from the source or download the latest releases?
100% vanilla 0.16 unmodified as downloaded from here. Let me try that again and see if I can duplicate it.

Edit: Huh, now I can't get it to happen again. I've tried permutations with every 'complicated' card in the deck in play - Umezawa's Jitte, Coastal Piracy and Standstill, mainly - but nada. In the original matchup where it happened I don't recall there being anything unusual on the opponent's side of the table - just a couple of generic white creatures. Unfortunately, since the crash came out of nowhere I wasn't exhaustively monitoring the board state.

Sorry 'bout that.
purplerose

Post by purplerose »

Shimian Specter doesn't exile an oppenent's card, it exiles itself.
quidnunc

Post by quidnunc »

-Kjeldoran Javelineer: I can pay the first upkeep but it seems to die on the second anyway?
-Squall Drifter: doesn't do its ability. instead of taking a white mana and doing the ability it gives white mana? (also see: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=964&p=9216&hilit=Sq ... fter#p9216)
-Guardians' Pledge: mana cost is wrong
-Bitterblossom: continue to trigger after removed? (with Terashi's Grasp or Disenchant.. can't remember)
-Seasoned Marshall: accidentally did it on itself and the game crashed

unsure or not tested enough:

-should it be possible to cast Boomerang on a creature with Shroud (from Whispersilk Cloak)?
-Osai Vultures: doesn't seem to apply the counter sometimes. may or may not be understanding the conditions for it
-did a Clone of Heedless One and it didn't appear despite elves in the game
-Ground Seal: not working as intended? e.g. did multiple black spells bringing creatures back from the graveyard
-Incendiary: didn't get the opportunity to assign damage
-Chime of Night: not triggered when put into graveyard? (I had put it on an enemy creature)
-Trygon Predator: game froze when it was supposed to ask for enchant removal

AI Issues:
-cast Damnation when there are no creatures, also happened with Infest, Slate of Ancestry sacrificed when there were no creatures; happens also after the combat phase with abilities that temporarily affect creatures with no follow up ability to make it useful

similar examples:

-reflexes on a creature that already has first strike
-"overkill" of abilities from multiple creatures e.g. several Goldmeadow Harrier tapping one creature at the same time
-"underkill" attacks like Mogg Fanatic sacrificing itself to do one damage to a creature right before a turn is ending
-same with buffs like Brute Force put on a creature with summoning sickness
-cast double Torment (-3/-0) on a 1/1 creature then Recumbent Bliss (no attack or block). Recumbent Bliss maybe for +1 health on upkeep but obviously not a good choice
-double Pacifism + Cage of Hands on the same creature. also possibly crashed on double cage of hands
-questionable choices for Control Magic (i.e. much better targets)

UI:

-Llanowar Reborn: triggers a menu for its Graft ability even when there is no counter on it (ie) a lot. not sure if this applies to other cards with Graft
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

"overkill" of abilities from multiple creatures e.g. several Goldmeadow Harrier tapping one creature at the same time
this one is fixed for wagic 17....

-Kjeldoran Javelineer: I can pay the first upkeep but it seems to die on the second anyway?
are you playing with phase skip on? you might be passing right over you're upkeep without paying.
quidnunc

Post by quidnunc »

Zethfox wrote: -Kjeldoran Javelineer: I can pay the first upkeep but it seems to die on the second anyway?
are you playing with phase skip on? you might be passing right over you're upkeep without paying.
no, the problem is during upkeep I pay (menu comes up etc) which works the first time there is an age counter on it, then the second time it goes to the graveyard despite paying. I was thinking maybe I was misreading how many mana is required for upkeep so I tapped all my lands to test it and it goes to the graveyard anyway.

thnx
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

quidnunc wrote:I was thinking maybe I was misreading how many mana is required for upkeep so I tapped all my lands to test it and it goes to the graveyard anyway.
One mistake I've done personally several times: because of the way cumulative upkeep is coded, you need to pay once for *each* counter.
So at turn 2, you need to tap 2 lands, then click *twice* on the card

Could that be your issue?
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

unlocked stone hewer but the game crashed, tested on second profile to unlock stone hewer again, same thing... it crashed.
also it says stone hewer unlocked:0

also crashed when playing puresteel paladin and stone hewer. it says game observer destroyed?

Exception details:

Exception - Address load/inst fetch
EPC - 088B3F20 / JGEApp_Title.text + 000AFF20
Cause - 10000010
Status - 20008613
BadVAddr - 00000006
zr:00000000 at:DEADBEEF v0:0000000A v1:00000080
a0:08FFF1C0 a1:08A9AE9C a2:08A931E0 a3:00000000
t0:000000F0 t1:08FFEE98 t2:08B00604 t3:09FBFC20
t4:088B5560 t5:DEADBEEF t6:DEADBEEF t7:DEADBEEF
s0:08FFF1C0 s1:00000001 s2:08FFC650 s3:00000004
s4:08A9AE9C s5:08A931E0 s6:08A931F4 s7:08A92D84
t8:DEADBEEF t9:088B5560 k0:09FBFF00 k1:00000000
gp:08B08CD0 sp:09FBFC20 fp:0000001B ra:089A68AC
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

wololo wrote:
quidnunc wrote:I was thinking maybe I was misreading how many mana is required for upkeep so I tapped all my lands to test it and it goes to the graveyard anyway.
One mistake I've done personally several times: because of the way cumulative upkeep is coded, you need to pay once for *each* counter.
So at turn 2, you need to tap 2 lands, then click *twice* on the card

Could that be your issue?
you pay for each age counter.
if it has 3 age counters on it.
tap 3 mana
click card 3 times.

i might make it charge the full amount in one go, although i could sware hands down that i already did this.
please post the card code you see in the primitives for it.
it should say
auto=cumulativeupcost[{1}] sacrifice
if it does not, then you are using old primitives.

edit: made them only require one payment. follows the rules now...partial payments are not allowed on them.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

puresteel paladin is now removed from wagic. so sick of that card.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

unlocked stone hewer but the game crashed, tested on second profile to unlock stone hewer again, same thing... it crashed.
also it says stone hewer unlocked:0
it's looking for an image....
are all your folders up-to-date? including graphics folder?
are you in a different theme other then default when this happens?

edit: i tried like 5 times to reproduce a crash when unlocking this, and am not able to repro this at all.