Want to help ?

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
The Demester

Re: Want to help ?

Post by The Demester »

Hello Wololo,

I have been an active C++ programmer for over 2 years now and would like to offer you my assistance if still needed. I'm comfortable with a vast collection of C++ libraries, and one thing i'm very proud to tell you is my knowledge of C++ classes and pointers. I don't know how many times in ones project I find such a hefty chunk of code taking up so much memory where I can use my knowledge of pointers to almost reduce the size of the program in HALF. Though I must admit my knowledge of C++ psp libraries is limited, i'm always here for any help you may need. Thank you.

ps: I'm very good at making program encryptors, how that would help you though is beyond me. =D

-The Demester
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

The Demester wrote: I have been an active C++ programmer for over 2 years now and would like to offer you my assistance if still needed. I'm comfortable with a vast collection of C++ libraries, and one thing i'm very proud to tell you is my knowledge of C++ classes and pointers. I don't know how many times in ones project I find such a hefty chunk of code taking up so much memory where I can use my knowledge of pointers to almost reduce the size of the program in HALF. Though I must admit my knowledge of C++ psp libraries is limited, i'm always here for any help you may need. Thank you.
The answer to your question is in the first post. Help is always needed...If you want to help and have C++ knowledge then download the source code from the SVN, then see if you can improve/remove bug or add new things to it... then share your code either on the forum (ideal for small portion of code change or small patch) or better directly by mail or PM to wololo.

That's as simple as that.

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
rpgabriel

Post by rpgabriel »

Great Wololo!

I have just donated US$ 8.00 for you, (and to be honest I think it was not enough yet), mainly because you have ported the Wagic to N900-Maemo, and now, after more than 10 years, I can play MTG again.

You deserve much more than that for what you have done so far, but for the time being, I hope it makes you a little happy.

Thanks!
cha

Post by cha »

i dont know about wagic but do have a 3000 with 5.50 gen d2 with using my own stuff and hbl
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

sir how can i make a "MULTIKICKER CARD CODE"
Shadowfireomega

Post by Shadowfireomega »

I would very much like to start helping with this awesome project, but I know nothing about coding, c++ or otherwise, where would be a good place to start getting acquainted with such knowledge?
Wagic: the Homebrew Image Pack Easy Installers

"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, I would never learn anything, and that would be a sad life." -Benjamin Fisher
check out my blog http://shadowfireomega.blogspot.com/
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Shadowfireomega wrote:I would very much like to start helping with this awesome project, but I know nothing about coding, c++ or otherwise, where would be a good place to start getting acquainted with such knowledge?
The very first step to deal with Wagic's code is to compile it.
You don't need any specific knowledge, but it's already a bit of work to get started. That will also give you the tools to start C++ development for non Wagic-related stuff
http://wololo.net/miki/index.php/Wagic/Compiling

Once you're done with that and if you want to move further, you can either "auto-teach" yourself by changing bits and pieces here and there to see what happens, but the best from there is of course to take programming classes. Alternatively, there are surely a few good books here and there, such as this one which seems to have good reviews

If programming is not necessarily your thing, there's lots of stuff revolving around Wagic that helps the whole community: creating mods, new cards, maintaining image packs, creating themes, etc...
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

also, don't drop it after you started learning, or get discouraged because code doesn't work while you are learning. I came to wagic not even knowing how to compile a build. a year and a half(?) later and i basically handle 90% of the abilities code and knew what the code can and can't do almost to a tee, i can look at a card's abilities and know within a hour if there is any chance of the support being added and how hard it will be, or whats missing, or what needs to change...i can even estimate how long it would take me to add support for something and how to translate the support into C++ code.
so the main thing is to not get discouraged or overwhelmed. wagic is an absolutely massive and very very complex program, one thing that really helped me was learning how to "debug"...if you don't debug then coding will be a nightmare for you. :)
Foreroes

Post by Foreroes »

hi Wololo,

I've been playing Wagic on and off for one year and a half or so nowadays I have plenty of free time (due to the fact that the cuttings don't let me get a grant to develope my Phd), anyway I'm thinking about learning c++ because I would like to help with this project by adding support for mtg mechanics that aren't supported yet, eliminate bugs etc. Besides it'd be a good way to improve my programming skills (which are not precisely a big deal at the moment)
My question is How long will it take to learn c++? I know it depends strongly on the person and on how much you want to learn, so think in an average person with a scientific academic profile and some knowledge on programming in fortran and pascal (so I have a gist of programming).

I've talked a little to you about my personal situation because perhaps it helps you to answer my question, I also think It'll make it easier to you to give me an advice.
mucknog

Post by mucknog »

Hey Wololo,

I'm a musician & sound engineer. If there's any need for additional sfx or ambiance music, I would be happy to put some free time in.

Cheers
Muck