0.11.1 Prices

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
lantern48

0.11.1 Prices

Post by lantern48 »

Why is everything so much more expensive in the new 0.11 version?

Packs now cost 1300 points right from the beginning and the single cards are way more expensive as well. The increments in price increase from purchasing singles also goes up by a ridiculous amount now and after purchasing 3 basic lands, the game tried to charge me 1000 points for a 4th - for a basic land!!

Is all this intentional???
wololo
Site Admin

Re: 0.11.1 Prices

Post by wololo »

not really. The introduction of a new booster system and filters greatly changed the way we deal with prices, and I agree that as an average, cards are now too expensive in the beginning of the game.
Once you unlock the "difficulty" mode you should be able to change the "economy" difficulty of the game, see if that helps.

It makes the game a bit harder for beginners, which was not the goal, we'll try to tweak that for next version ;)

I bought 1 "Beacon of immortality" once, and now I can't buy it even with 4000 credits. I don't know how I'll ever get 4 of those, so I feel your pain :lol:
lantern48

Post by lantern48 »

Sheesh!
Ok. lol

I'll give it a go, but I really do feel that the pricing was much better in the last version.

Thanks again for all your hard work, it is appreciated.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

but I really do feel that the pricing was much better in the last version.
Err, yeah, that's pretty much what I think and what I said too.
the "not really" was in reply to your "was it intentional?" question.

So, I agree that it's a problem and we'll fix it eventually.
Icewolf4785

Post by Icewolf4785 »

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but there is a little trick you can do to moderate the prices a little bit. If you go into your Wagic folder, into Res, then Settings, you should see a Prices list. Right click it, go to Properties and make it Read Only. This will make it so that the prices will stop skyrocketing if you repeatedly buy singles of a certain card.

For example, I wanted to buy a bunch of Plains, the first one cost 11, then 20, 40, etc until it was about 100 each. Normally it would keep skyrocketing no matter what you do. If you make the Prices list Read Only, the prices will still go up, but the game will "forget" the next time you go shopping. All you have to do now, is leave the shop, go back in, then find Plains again, the price will drop back down to 10.
Token Time
lantern48

Post by lantern48 »

wololo wrote:
but I really do feel that the pricing was much better in the last version.
Err, yeah, that's pretty much what I think and what I said too.
the "not really" was in reply to your "was it intentional?" question.

So, I agree that it's a problem and we'll fix it eventually.

My bad. It seems I worded myself poorly so you misunderstood me a bit: The sheesh and lol was for the fact that you're the games creator and even you got hit with the absurd price increases. I just thought I'd throw in a final comment that i liked the old pricing better.

I understood you fine, but sorry for the confusion and thanks again for your hard work and dedication to the game and people who play!
lantern48

Post by lantern48 »

Icewolf4785 wrote:I'm not sure if this is allowed, but there is a little trick you can do to moderate the prices a little bit. If you go into your Wagic folder, into Res, then Settings, you should see a Prices list. Right click it, go to Properties and make it Read Only. This will make it so that the prices will stop skyrocketing if you repeatedly buy singles of a certain card.

For example, I wanted to buy a bunch of Plains, the first one cost 11, then 20, 40, etc until it was about 100 each. Normally it would keep skyrocketing no matter what you do. If you make the Prices list Read Only, the prices will still go up, but the game will "forget" the next time you go shopping. All you have to do now, is leave the shop, go back in, then find Plains again, the price will drop back down to 10.

-EDIT-

I tried it and it's not working. The game still remembers how much it charged me for rares and uncommons - I didn't try it with commons. Is it something that has to be done on a fresh install?
Icewolf4785

Post by Icewolf4785 »

lantern48 wrote:
Icewolf4785 wrote:I'm not sure if this is allowed, but there is a little trick you can do to moderate the prices a little bit. If you go into your Wagic folder, into Res, then Settings, you should see a Prices list. Right click it, go to Properties and make it Read Only. This will make it so that the prices will stop skyrocketing if you repeatedly buy singles of a certain card.

-EDIT-

I tried it and it's not working. The game still remembers how much it charged me for rares and uncommons - I didn't try it with commons. Is it something that has to be done on a fresh install?
First you have to delete everything in the Prices list. After the entire Prices list is empty then make it Read Only.
Token Time
lantern48

Post by lantern48 »

Got it working.

Thanks to both of you.
John Rohan

Post by John Rohan »

I think it's worth pointing out that in 11.1 the prices are something like 4 times higher when you find a card by filtering for it, as opposed to it coming up in the shop on it's own. At least that's how my game is handling it. So if you want the card cheaper, you can just keep refreshing the shop inventory without using any filters (provided you have enough patience).