Luminarch Ascension (ZEN) Not Supported

In this forum you will find all cards that COULD be added to the game but aren't because they don't work 100%.
blender2005

Luminarch Ascension (ZEN) Not Supported

Post by blender2005 »

Very good

I'm creating this letter, but not if the code is fine, if I can help somebody, I'd appreciate it.

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Luminarch Ascension
auto==@each endofturn notlifelose:may counter(0/0,1,Quest)
kicker={1}{W}
auto=kicker this(counter{0/0,4,Quest}):token(Angel,Creature Angel,4/4,white flying)
text=At the beginning of each opponent's end step, if you didn't lose life this turn, you may put a quest counter on Luminarch Ascension. (Damage causes loss of life.) -- {1}{W}: Put a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only if Luminarch Ascension has four or more quest counters on it.
mana={1}{W}
type=Enchantment
[/card]
Regards
KF1

Re: Luminarch Ascension (ZEN) Discussion

Post by KF1 »

Cool! I will try this out. I made a deck around this card.
Last edited by KF1 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Some problems:

The AI accumulates counters regardless of being damaged or not. The AI also does not buy Angel token creatures.

I experimented by moving the buy token feature of the code to the first part and nothing did alter anything.
S4r0m

Post by S4r0m »

I modified a bit the card:

[card]
name=Luminarch Ascension
auto=@each endofturn notlifelose:may counter(0/0,1,Quest)
auto={1}{W}:aslongas this(counter{0/0,4,Quest}):token(Angel,Creature Angel,4/4,white flying)
text=At the beginning of each opponent's end step, if you didn't lose life this turn, you may put a quest counter on Luminarch Ascension. (Damage causes loss of life.) -- {1}{W}: Put a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only if Luminarch Ascension has four or more quest counters on it.
mana={1}{W}
type=Enchantment
[/card]
Well, it's just my version of your work. I did it because using the kicker is called "workaround". Works pretty fine! I was trying to do it a few days ago but i never thought that "notlifelose" thing existed.

About the AI problems: The AI currently is pretty dumb, cannot do several things like using activated abilities (buy angel tokens) or make descisions. It chooses targets randomnly.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

haha what game are you talking about?
About the AI problems: The AI currently is pretty dumb, cannot do several things like using activated abilities (buy angel tokens) or make descisions. It chooses targets randomnly.
KF1

Post by KF1 »

The new coding is MUCH better now. The AI actually spends mana to buy more than one angel token when it can. I put together a deck based around this card that I will post shortly. Nice work!
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

auto={1}{W}:aslongas this(counter{0/0,4,Quest}):token(Angel,Creature Angel,4/4,white flying)

these 2 lines are not coded correctly
we dont have a way to tell if you DIDNT lose life yet....

auto=this(counter{0/0.4.Quest}){1}{W}:token(Angel,Creature Angel,4/4,white flying)
this is the coding for the 2nd line.
S4r0m

Post by S4r0m »

Lol that's true... I was comming here to post that (there's no way to know if we didn't lose life each turn)... I was testing the card with several damage prevention spells, and when i found even after receiving damage the counters accumulate...

Anyway, zethfox's 2nd line is even better.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

there's no way to know if we didn't lose life each turn
yet :twisted:
blender2005

Post by blender2005 »

S4r0m wrote:I modified a bit the card:

[card]
name=Luminarch Ascension
mana={1}{W}
type=Enchantment
[/card]
Well, it's just my version of your work. I did it because using the kicker is called "workaround". Works pretty fine! I was trying to do it a few days ago but i never thought that "notlifelose" thing existed.

Zethfox wrote:auto=@each endofturn notlifelose:may counter(0/0,1,Quest)

these 2 lines are not coded correctly
we dont have a way to tell if you DIDNT lose life yet....

auto=this(counter{0/0.4.Quest}){1}{W}:token(Angel,Creature Angel,4/4,white flying)
this is the coding for the 2nd line.
Thanks for the help

With your answer I have been so code:

[card]
name=Luminarch Ascension
auto=@each endofturn:may counter(0/0,1,Quest)
mana={1}{W}
type=Enchantment
[/card]
A Greeting