Rewind (Working - Crappy)

In this forum you will find all cards that COULD be added to the game but aren't because they don't work 100%.
mrbigs

Rewind (Working - Crappy)

Post by mrbigs »

While I was trying to code Frantic Search I discovered that also Rewind (http://magiccards.info/query?q=rewind&v=card&s=cname) was missing. Since this is the 1st time i try to code cards, I thought that maybe this one was easier to code than the at-least-three-or-maybe-four-token-spawner Frantic Search. Here it is. In my tests it was working 100% of the times, but maybe there's some silly mistake which makes my code useless... Could someone have a look at it, please? Thanks in advance

[card]
name=Rewind
type=Instant
mana={U}{U}{2}
text=Counter target spell. Untap up to four lands.
target=*|stack
auto=may untap notatarget(land)
auto=token(-18071987)*3
auto=fizzle
[/card]
[card]
name=Rewind untap token
type=Nothing
id=-18071987
auto=@movedto(this|exile) from(battlefield):may untap notatarget(land)
auto=moveto(exile)
[/card]

[EDIT ABRA: renamed and moved accordingly]
Edit (mrbigs): changed target(land) to notatarget(land).
Last edited by mrbigs on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zethfox

Re: Rewind (requires testing)

Post by Zethfox »

this is a good workaround version of it, its not that its useless, the reason we havent added cards like this is because the use of tokens is a workaround that has alot of exploitable quilities.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

shouldn't we add all these workarounds in a crappy.txt file in primitives (with grade "crappy") ?
This would mean we don't support it, but people can activate it in their options.
Or is it something we just don't want to maintain at all? (Zethfox, the decision belongs to Dr.Solomat and you, because you are the guys doing 99% of card maintenance these days)

The maintenance would mostly be: remove this card from "crappy.txt" the day it is supported and added to mtg.txt or borderline.txt
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

personally myself i would preffer not to, i think of adding workarounds as kinda saying "im ok with not having real support for X ability"
so i wont even be caught adding a workaround card. maybe doc might, thats up to him tho.

if the workaround did not involve a token, i would consider it tho. however we know where i stand with the "token" workaround addiations.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

ok, fair enough. I think it's fair to say it's your call here ;)
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

wololo wrote:shouldn't we add all these workarounds in a crappy.txt file in primitives (with grade "crappy") ?
This would mean we don't support it, but people can activate it in their options.
Or is it something we just don't want to maintain at all? (Zethfox, the decision belongs to Dr.Solomat and you, because you are the guys doing 99% of card maintenance these days)

The maintenance would mostly be: remove this card from "crappy.txt" the day it is supported and added to mtg.txt or borderline.txt
I would vote to add it to a crappy.txt, but since I don't have time at the moment and would not follow-up to do the maintenance, I will personnaly not do it.... anyway I will move this post to the "crappy" section of card coding, since it work, people are free to add them to their own crappy file...

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
mrbigs

Re: Rewind & Cloud of Faeries (Working - Crappy)

Post by mrbigs »

Hi all,

since you think this card can be useful in some way, I'll also add my version of Cloud of Faeries. In the next days I'll work on more cards of this type.

Code: Select all

[card]
type=Nothing
id=-18071986
name=Cloud of Faeries untap 2nd land
auto=@movedto(this|exile) from(battlefield):may untap notatarget(land)
auto=moveto(exile)
[/card]
[card]
name=Cloud of Faeries
type=Creature
subtype=Faerie
mana={U}{1}
power=1
toughness=1
abilities=Flying
autohand={2}:cycling
auto=may untap notatarget(land) && token(-18071986)
[/card]