Pakes Planeswalker Add-On

In this forum you will find all cards that COULD be added to the game but aren't because they don't work 100%.
pake1

Pakes Planeswalker Add-On

Post by pake1 »

After some hard workarounds, testing, coding... i give you my Planeswalker set, the last thing i will code for a while.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y18835tot ... Onv0.1.zip

History:
07-17-2010 - v.0.1- fixed issues thanks to tooeasy10,added code to make it able to use Liliana Vess' (-2) ability upon summoning her.

Included are:
Ajani Vengeant
Chandra Ablaze
Chandra Nalaar
Elspeth, Knight-Errant
Garruk Wildspeaker
Gideon Jura
Jace Beleren
Jace The Mind Sculpture
Liliana Vess
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
Nissa Revane
Sarkhan Vol
Tezzeret the Seeker

HOW TO INSTALL THE PLANESWALKER MOD:

-Place the file: Pake_planeswalker_addon.txt to your Primitives folder

HOW THESE PLANESWALKERS WORK--(using Garruk Wildspeaker as an example)

1. Damage
Whenever you are damaged, either by combat or spells, a prompt will pop up saying
"1.Create Damaged Garruk" or "2.Cancel"
This is where you will choose whether YOU or YOUR PLANESWALKER is damaged.

"1.Create Damaged Garruk"
will open another box--> "Life" or "Cancel".
Selecting "Life" will remove a loyalty counter from your planeswalker, and give life to you, essentially "taking" the damage from whatever was given.
Selecting "Cancel" will go back to play without distributing any life.

"2.Cancel"
This means that you choose to take the player to take full damage.

#1 BUG-> This triggers on ALL player damage, both PLAYER and COMPUTER. SO HIT CANCEL WHEN THE COMPUTER IS DAMAGED =p

Planeswalker FAQS:
1. How do I untap a 2nd land using Garruks Ability?
After you untap your first land, click on Garruk again, it will allow you to untap a second land.

2.How do I use Nissa Revanes third ability, she keeps dying!
If you have 7 loyalty counters on Nissa and you use her ultimate, a prompt will appear saying "Destroy" or "Cancel".
1. Hit "Cancel" AND DO NOT ADVANCE PHASES
2. Click on Nissa, then click on your library to find the desired elf.
3. Repeat as many times as you wish.
4. Advance phases to see Nissa die =(

3.Why are there 4 abilities on Liliana Vess?
The first ability (Target player discards a card) is spliced into 2. Either you or your Opponent
1. Selecting "create Discard from my hand" will allow you to discard a card from your hand, selecting "Yourself" as the "Target" player
2. Selecting "create Opponent Discard" will force the computer to discard their hand,selecting the opponent as the "Target" player

4.Why are there "1's" all over my hand when Liliana is in play?

This is needed for her 2nd ability, to take a card and put it to the top of your library.

5.Why are there 4 abilities on Chandra Ablaze?
The first ability (discarding a card) is seperated into two, discarding a red card and non redcard.

6.How do I use Chandra Ablaze's ultimate?

Select "Create Third Ability" and a token will appear on your screen afterwords.
1. Click on this token and select the instant/sorcery from your graveyard to put it into play. Do this as many times as you please.
(Some cards will not work, such as lightning bolt or shock.. in that case you can use the file "mtg_pake.txt" to replace your current "mtg.txt".. There are no drastic changes but cards such as lightning bolt or shock when selected from your graveyard will still work)

7.How do I use Nicol Bolas ultimate?
When you use his ultimate, 2 tokens will appear after damaging the target player. DO NOT ADVANCE PHASES.
Click on these tokens to force the opponent to discard his cards and permanents 7 times.

8.How do I use Jace, the Mind Sculptors +2: Look at the top card of target player's library. You may put that card on the bottom of that player's library?

For now, you can only look at YOUR OWN top card first.
To do this, click on that ability and a token will appear. DO NOT ADVANCE PHASES>
Click on this token and a pop-up box will appear "Move to top" or "Cancel"
If you select "Move to top" you have the option to move the top card (which was drawn) to the top of the deck
If you select "Cancel" , a pop-up box will appear "Move to bottom" or "Cancel". Allowing you to move the card to the bottom of the deck.
---> If you have installed Zethfox's Addon, you can use the txt. OG_planeswalker.txt instead of pake_planeswalker_addon.txt. This will allow you to look at your opponents top card and choose what to do with it :)

Thanks to kaio for the base code of planeswalkers i built upon and zeth for the constant workaround techniques.

Please let me know of any problems... These are super borderline and the AI does not know how to use them as of now.. so have fun =)

ESPECIALLY PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT INSTANTS/SORCERIES DO NOT WORK WITH CHANDRA ABLAZES ULTIMATE. THERE ARE ABOUT 100+ targeting red spells, so please give me a list of what you guys use (lightning bolt,shock, etc.)
Last edited by pake1 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
KF1

Re: Pakes Planeswalker Add-On

Post by KF1 »

Pake1,

I'm not a home for the next 24 hours. I will try this as soon as I can. It looks promising.

Thank you for sharing this.
tooeasy10

Post by tooeasy10 »

First off great job - almost everything worked as advertised,
Couple of quick errors (very quick test):

1) jace the mindsculpter - is 2{u}{u} vs {b}{b}
2) jace the mindsculpter's ultimate is -12 it was running -8 in my test (only one test)
3) jace beleran's "+" abillity is +2, running at +1 in tests
4) lilianas ultimate was crashing psp (maybe just mine)
5) jace the mindsculpter has a "create" abillity in the list (which crashes psp) dunno if thats supposed to be there or not

thats all i found thus far - thanks for posting the add-on ---- adds working planeswalkers to Wagic!!!!!!
pake1

Post by pake1 »

Thanks! fixed the issues, download the new link in the first post.
Saint

Post by Saint »

Will be testing this tomorrow :)

Mostlikely the problem of card placement (a planeswalker isen't a creature, if you buy a play mat (if they still sell those things that is xD) you'll notice there is a different spot for the planeswalkers just like there is for the exile pile, graveyard, deck, blablabla.

Also from what I read in your description you get to call the shots on wether to let your planeswalker be the target or you, wich in a real game (with actual cards) ofcourse isen't even close to the real rulings :P, you as attacker get to decide wether or not to attack either the planeswalker or the player.
The AI is still to dumb to make a decission like that so it's a No-Go for the AI to pick a strategy on that one but you as a player can make the decission (wich is kind of unfair but the AI just can't handle it yet).

Hope you taken into account that if you have say a Jace Belerin in play (Planeswalker - Jace) and you play a Jace, The Mindsculptor (Planeswalker - Jace) or your opponent plays it they both go *poof* (just like with legendary creatures, "There can only be one" lol).

Other then that it sounds like a good effort, will definatly give it a shot :)

Greetz,

Saint.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
pake1

Post by pake1 »

Oh yeah, I put in the "legendary rule" for the planeswalkers. There can't be a Jace Beleren and Jace Mindsculpture on in the same time, or both will go to the graveyard. But there can be a Jace Beleren and a Chandra Ablaze on the same battlefield (or same side!) though.

Yeah in terms of having the AI choose who to attack, either the planeswalker or the opponent, that was the hardest thing to think up. I figured the AI was not sophisticated enough to make the decision, so I decided that the player can decide that, being the player super advantageous lol. If you are swarmed with mobs, you can definitely choose your planeswalker to take the heat, but thats the closest thing i can think of distribution of "choosing" of damage.
Saint

Post by Saint »

Well i had discussions with multiple dev's about the whole planeswalker thing and as you can see it is somewhat easy to create something like this, the only problem is, like I previously stated, the Zone (or in other terms the position of the card), if this was a windows based program like MTGforge or Wagic or whatever you have alot more space then the little PSP display.

So the though cookies in the planeswalker department are: It's position on the battleground (it would have to be totally remodeled to fit a spot for planeswalkers (same goes for the Exile Zone btw), thumbnails would have to be deflated a bit, positions of cards would have to move again (might need the 3 lines of card base again (3 lines as in, line one, creatures (enchanted, with aura's blablabla), line 2 artifacts, enchantments, unequiped equipment and line 3 lands) but this would make it all a bit small again that's one problem were facing.

The other problem is the AI's response to both your and his own Planeswalkers.
Wen to play them, How to play them, How to respond to your activated abilities from the planeswalker and how to prevent specific abilities to be used, Wen to target you and wen to target your Planeswalker (kinda blends in with the preventing specific abilities but also if it's possible to have a quick destruction of the card) and last but not least the AI should know what it's playing, what it's powers are and how to take advantage with it (for instance in a milling deck will it use jace's Mill ability or will it use one of his others).

For now the AI is sometimes dumb enough to let an open shot to your lifepoints go following his rules of defence etc. but eventually the AI will become smart enough to do this ofcourse but well, it's alotta work :P

Still a nice addon though, lots of people request Planeswalkers and eventhough it's not perfect (or even close to perfect :P) it's still a great addon for those who really really want planeswalkers in there deck so good job on that one :).

Greetz,

Saint.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
pake1

Post by pake1 »

Playing evil twin, the AI won't even cast it...mainly because its not a creature,artifact, or enchantment..
Saint

Post by Saint »

Yep that's because the AI doesen't recognize it. As soon as Wololo or another dev adds support for it and finds a zone to play them it will be casted by AI's :)
pake1

Post by pake1 »

I'm taking any suggestions to improve it.

As of now the whole damage issue is the biggest one for me.

Maybe there can be a token on the battlefield that represents the Planeswalker?..and for each time it's damaged, it loses the real planeswalkers loyalty counters?