Order of Yawgmoth (Working - Borderline)

In this forum you will find all cards that COULD be added to the game but aren't because they don't work 100%.
Zethfox

Re: Order of Yawgmoth (and one card question)

Post by Zethfox »

the oppenent discarding a good or bad card should not keep cards like this out of wagic...unless code masters plan on implementing a baka check on whats good or bad before discarding....then i see no reason why the Ai cant be a noob.
Saint

Re: Order of Yawgmoth (and one card question)

Post by Saint »

At this point the discard is just at random because the AI is an idiot on that part, this is because it's alot of work coding an AI that actually takes everything in account, deck, chance, type of cards in play/played etc. but that doesen't mean it will stay an Idiot forever, it's just still in the works, there are several discussions about ways to pump up the AI IQ but the perfect version isen't there yet (The layer system isen't even in effect yet nor are cards with specific rules and alot more, so rule enforcement isen't complete yet so next to that at this point it's impossible to create a perfect AI because alot of things aren't added to wagic YET), it's an ongoing opensource program that gets baby steps near to perfection on each release. But for now the AI has to be an idiot in that way until everything is completed :).

So yeah a random discard is no reason to leave the card out at this point if you ask me, could make the game slightly easier though since the AI could discard his best card lol.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
KF1

Re: Order of Yawgmoth (Working - Borderline)

Post by KF1 »

Did Saint get his card coding right?

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Order of Yawgmoth
abilities=fear
auto=@damaged(player) from(this):discard:1 opponent
text=Order of Yawgmoth cannot be blocked except by artifact creatures and black creatures. Whenever Order of Yawgmoth successfully deals damage to a player, that player chooses and discards a card.
mana={3}{B}{B}
type=Creature
subtype=Zombie Knight
power=2
toughness=2
[/card]
lozanogo

Post by lozanogo »

As far as I've followed these forums and the abilities coded in the primitives file, discard:1 means discard a card at random. Of course if you play it against the AI then a random discard means little given its poor (at certain situations) choice decisions.

The other option are the token workarounds.
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

I suppose it's right (at least it look right), and could be added as a borderline card... I mean even if you would give the choice to the AI it will probably not be able to choose correctly...

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
ph34rbot

Post by ph34rbot »

The problem with this kind of cards is when used againt the human player, sure the computer could discard a random card, but if a card says "discard" not "discard at random" the human player should be able to choose what card to discard, being able to present a selection to the human player of wich card to discard could add a lot of cards to the game.

During the cleanup phase if a player has more than 7 cards in hand, then he/she must discard until exactly 7 cards remains in hand. The game lets you choose wich cards to discard in this phase, maybe that could be useful to implement an ability to discard not random for human player.
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

ph34rbot wrote:The problem with this kind of cards is when used againt the human player
Well we use to say that AI deck should not contain any borderline/crappy cards, if we add this one to the borderline cards then players should be aware that when they select the option to play with cards up to borderline, those might not always react as intended, for the case of Order of Yawgmoth that would only be in "evil twin" mode...

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder