MOD: Drafting

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
AzNFrEnZy

MOD: Drafting

Post by AzNFrEnZy »

Recently I have tried to create a draft style mod in Wagic 0.17 by using the shop and 1 Expansion, (e.g. ISD) and out of the 9 cards you may only choose one. Once you choose 1 of the cards it will cycle like you have just pressed square(Other cards) and this will repeat till you have a pool of 30.

After that you would have to go to the deck editor and choose out of the 30 you want in your draft deck. Then add lands accordingly. I would love to make a MOD that could do all this but I am terrible at coding. Any people that can help me with this at all? I will be willing to invest many hours in my day for this to be done.

Heck I'd invest hours to making Wagic a more fun experience.
Vikta

Re: MOD: Drafting

Post by Vikta »

Can I just clarify what you are asking for help with.

Essentially what you want is to modify the shop so that when you have four of the same card that card no longer appears in the shop. Is that correct? Whilst I can see why you could want to to that I don't understand why you would want to when the shop currently handles this sort of thing pretty well.
Laylong

Post by Laylong »

I'd like to propose a possibly more accurate method of going about this. Make it as a campaign. If possible, try and get campaign to load 6 random boosters (or 6 boosters worth of cards at the correct rarity ratio). Fill player 1's hand with the first booster, let them cast any 1 card for free, then see if you can't get the AI to do the same to their first booster. Now swamp the 2 hands. I haven't worked with campaign since 0.13, so maybe there is or is now a way that you could track or carry over information about the cards you picked (I know you could add cards statically to the collection, but you'll want a way to build a deck out of it and give the next stage of the campaign that deck. Actually in a true draft you'd have to take a step to trim out the extras you wont use and add appropriate mana.
http://cardboardboxstudios.zzl.org/Projects_Wagic.html
------------------------Main decks-------------------------
[W: Pride of Ajani] [G: 6000 Rings] [WGB: Redeads]
wagicmagic28

Post by wagicmagic28 »

swap* the two hands
wagicmagic28

Post by wagicmagic28 »

Best idea ever to add draft play to wagic may seem more easier than you may think. randomizing a set from standard then unlock it during a text menu screen then load an encounter to draw 40 cards. Add a few graphic menu's a few card unlocks (Promos) and done.
should beable to pick from 1 to 2 up to 3 colors.