Campaign: Metal Scars - WTH 0.13.1

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
Zethfox

Re: Campaign: Metal Scars - WTH 0.13.1

Post by Zethfox »

please consider lower mana curve on the very second deck in the story, currently youre mana scr..ed for so long that Ai can blast away anything you toss at him by the time you have enough mana.

maybe change some of the 2 mana cost and 3 mana cost stuff into 1 mana cost creatures...so we can atleast have some blockers out before Ai starts ripping us.

if this is not possible, consider not giving the Ai so many tools to destroy your creatures with. you litterally have to have the perfect hand to even come close to beating this, i think it stopped being fun at the 20th try.
ph34rbot

Post by ph34rbot »

Zethfox wrote:please consider lower mana curve on the very second deck in the story, currently youre mana scr..ed for so long that Ai can blast away anything you toss at him by the time you have enough mana.

maybe change some of the 2 mana cost and 3 mana cost stuff into 1 mana cost creatures...so we can atleast have some blockers out before Ai starts ripping us.

if this is not possible, consider not giving the Ai so many tools to destroy your creatures with. you litterally have to have the perfect hand to even come close to beating this, i think it stopped being fun at the 20th try.
Hi, Zeth

It's kind of a short campaign so one of the challenges must be to overcome the strength of the opponents, yea it's hard but in NO WAY UNFAIR HARD.

Really 20 tries or just a random number you said when you felt frustrated after 2 or 3 losses?

Before talking about the deck:

Metalcraft is a new ability activated when you control 3 or more artifacts, the effect varies from card to card.

You are only playing one color(white).
You have 20 plains and 4 Ancient dens (Artifact - land tap add(W)) none enters tapped,
2 mox opal: cost zero artifact wich can generate any mana when metalcraft is active,
also 4 gold myrs (2/2 for 2 artifact creature tap add (W)) so being mana screw is really rare, and the curve almost stops at 4.

Etched Champions has protection from all colors with metalcraft,
Sword of light and shadow gives any of your creatures protection from black, gains you some life and retrives creatures from the grave,
Indomitable Arcangel gives shroud to your artifacts when her metalcraft is active.

I don't see problem of being overwhelm by the enemy.

Maybe this interactions guide can help you, I wish you better luck to stop the mana screw XD, thx for your feedback.
missalexis

Playing on 0.15.1 later

Post by missalexis »

Hi,

I've been playing this campaign using the latest from SVN (r3699) and it hangs my PSP on the first or second duel always when the AI is playing usually somewhere at the beginning of its turn. Has anyone else noticed this? I think it may be one of the (creature) cards as I've seen something similar when playing Momir.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

We broke lots of stuff in the story mode without noticing it recently. I think the problem does not come from the campaign itself, but from us breaking the story mode.
AzNFrEnZy

Post by AzNFrEnZy »

Finished this countless times, quite interesting at first then gets boring quickly.
ph34rbot

Post by ph34rbot »

AzNFrEnZy wrote:Finished this countless times, quite interesting at first then gets boring quickly.
Well I'm glad yu like it, yeah i know there are so few static matches, I liked doing campaigns but it requieres quite a good time investment and this feature really never went popular with the comminity :(

Maybe we sould do like a campaign comptetition or some kind of promotion to motivate creation of new ones.

Also still not sure if it's ok to use concepts, arts, storylines even, etc of wotc and how is this forum affected by copyrigths materials
AzNFrEnZy

Post by AzNFrEnZy »

I just this that our community isn't that big, it was fun playing it and I didn't find any problems. If we had a bigger community I'm sure a lot of people would have thought the same too.

I was thinking of advertising Wagic under the condition that I have something to discuss.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

ph34rbot wrote: Maybe we sould do like a campaign comptetition or some kind of promotion to motivate creation of new ones.
Would people be interested in a campaigns competition once we release Wagic 0.16? I would be ready to give a prize in cash for the winner. Maybe 50$ or something.
Also still not sure if it's ok to use concepts, arts, storylines even, etc of wotc and how is this forum affected by copyrigths materials
Obviously we try to avoid it. I know the most successful campaigns are reusing art from various places, but if we want a good campaign to make it to the "official" release, it has to be 100% using non copyrighted work.
AzNFrEnZy

Post by AzNFrEnZy »

^ something I can discuss :)
owenbevt

Post by owenbevt »

when I try it in the first battle both me and my oponoment start with no hand and seam to have deacks cosnisting enirtly of forrests.
Any help?