Campaign: Journey to the Eye - Mediafire

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
ph34rbot

Campaign: Journey to the Eye - Mediafire

Post by ph34rbot »

UPDATED

The campaign uses some restricted material, I really like the comics of the planeswalkers and I made an adaptation of one featuring chandra, following the story of the comic and made some flavour decks to battle against

http://www.2shared.com/file/U374JkWO/Jo ... e_Eye.html

Also in mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?c97irmyqm6v7b7r
That's a great campaign, jsut tryed it, love the graphics (obviously ;) ) ... + the first duel was somehow difficult (had a manshort but managed to win with only 3 mana in play... the AI doesn't really use very well the enchantment that give first strike... would replace this one if I where you)...

unfortunately I had a crash after the page "roil" not sure what the issue is.. I've looked at your story.xml but couldn't find the issue.

Your images are named ".JPG" and not ".jpg" (small caps) on PC it doesn't matter but this is known to crash/not load correctly on PSP. I just tested your campaign on my PC and not on my PSP yet... so not sure it would be an issue but to be on the safe side you could rename it to ".jpg".

Finally I would say all this campaign (including the mirrodin wars) should be put into separate thread/forum (i'm gonna create one right away)... so please post your campaign in separate thread... would be easier for the users to see directly what is available.

Well that's exciting to see all this user submission... I should go foreward with my own campaign...

Grü

Abra.
Thanks, taked in consideration and made several changes
Last edited by ph34rbot on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KF1

Re: Campaign: journey to the eye

Post by KF1 »

I have kids at home the explicit adult toys pop up prevents me from d/l this right now. can anybody post this somewhere else?
Saint

Re: Campaign: journey to the eye (new link)

Post by Saint »

@KF1, if your using firefox download Adblock Plus, you can load lists like Adult/dating site blocker but also protecting your privacy with lists that block parts of the html stings keeping track of your stuff (that's just a plus for you really) and also alot of other lists sorted by country etc. removing 99% of all ad's plus blocking a bit of your privacy,

If that's not enough there is another thing called NoScript wich basicly blocks every script unless you whitelist it (filtering out alot of junk you don't want either, from google tracking to surf behaviour monitoring).

Just suggestions for both your privacy and creating a kid friendly enviroment (it really does block almost all of the p0rn junk).

Hope it's helpfull since alot of site use **** ads to make money (because believe it or not alot of money is made in the **** bizz, who would have guessed lol) :)

If your not using firefox the popup blocker is pretty good aswell, just a few Poker sites seem to get thru but I got a 80% Popup drop) and FYI if I click the link i see nothing but the 2share logo a blank white screen with a Winzip looking pic on top, the download link and a bunch of text :)

Greetz,

Saint.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
Azul

Post by Azul »

If you are trying to block access to 'bad things' you could also sign up for a free account on http://www.opendns.com/
You just change your DNS Server to the OpenDNS ones and then check some boxes on your profile to block hate sites, ****, gambling, etc. If you change the DNS server at the router level rather than the single computer than every computer on your network will be filtered.
Saint

Post by Saint »

@Azule/KF1: Or use Comodo's DNS server or any of the tons of DNS servers out there, the only thing is that they have different privacy policies then your ISP does, debated about it with a few Network Managers of major companies, if it comes to privacy it is not recommended because their policies are usually "looser" then the ones of your ISP and you will be constantly monitored by a Third party that has nothing to do with you.

Downloading Addons on Firefox takes lets say 5 min on each computer, if you choose a Addon like NoScript then whitelisting the pages you like works pretty much the same as having your Firewall on Training mode, everything but some sites have all scripts blocked by default you will have to click the little icon in the bottom right, a little window will open, on this site for instance there are 3 script sources, Google-Analystics.com, GoogleSyndication.com and Wololo.net, by default Javascript is blocked for all, if you click Wololo.net it'll allow everything but the google junk.
This is just a small example but if you check out some sites there are TONS of script sources just harveresting data etc. that you clearly don't want them to so you just don't allow them and only allow the site, if some download link or whatever still doesen't work check and uncheck Sources until you find the source needed for it to work.
It sounds harder then it is really but it's not for a newbie user but then again neither is a Firewall in training mode, they have no clue what to answer to a question anyways so that's for Novice users.

The Adblock Plus addon on the other hand has 0 to none skills needed to use it, just download some lists and it blocks the junk, if you by any very slim chance get something blocked that you don't want blocked (seriously it happend to me like thrice or something and i've been using it for years now) you simply click the top right icon and a list of blocked items pops up, just click the one you think should be unblocked and that's it, you can block it again afterwards if you want.

Then again it are only suggestions if you want your normal browser to be more childfriendly there are special addons that block sites aswell but you can always download a kid browser that automaticly blocks all junk if your kids surf the net (there are tons of those out there). But if you want to just use a normal browser i'd say use firefox and use it with those addons (you'll soon notice the addons are highly rated/recommended aswell anyways so just see what you do) in my opinion IE and Chrome both kinda suck (IE because well it's closed source and a leaking basket and chrome because well it's in it's kiddy shoes but it is open source though).

Well hope that helps,

@Ph34r About the Campaign itself, just finished it, and must say it was fun but uhmm is the story really linked together or what? Because in my opinion it kinda jumped around a bit :P

Found one bug though wen you play (i think its the last fight against the worm thing) you get insane lag in the first round wen playing on normal CPU speed, no idea what it does wen you overclock it and it might not be your fault but something for wololo to look into.

Other thing I got to say is (just a suggestion of course) i doubt a pack of insects or a big giant worm has a deck somewere in his pocket :P might be better to if like your attacked by a swarm of insects have a couple of insects in battle that you got to fight (your using a burn deck anyways so that shoulden't be much of a problem) and make a deck for it without lands so it can't play anything else and the win conditions for the creatures to be destoyed (don't see much of a work around for it at the moment but maybe someone else might know something for that, if it isen't possible yet I guess this is fine for now :) ), it's more likely that if you battle a wizard or an goblin or what not that they do have a deck with them but that is just my opinion ^_^.

Next to it all it looked good, i'm used to reading comicbooks from right to left (japanese style) instead of from left to right (western style) so had to adjust a bit but still nice campaign :P *spoiler* kinda could have given out another reward though maybe a card or something next to the credit*spoiler*

Greetz,

Saint.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
Grey

Post by Grey »

Wow, I just finished that campaign and I have to say I was very impressed! I actually made an account on this forum just now just so I can tell you how much I enjoyed it!

I can't wait for the next one!
cilindr0

Post by cilindr0 »

I have liked the campaign too! Nice idea to add the comic pics!
It will be nice if you continue it :)
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Nicely done! It works great on the PC version.

Some issues for the PSP though: I get pixalation errors on the cards after the third duel and the game hangs forever and I end up quitting the game in order to resolve it.

I had one crash after trying to use unearth in game...

There may be a problem with unearth in the primitives but I'm not confirming this as of this post.

I want to try it again before I report anything.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

KF1 wrote: Some issues for the PSP though: I get pixalation errors on the cards after the third duel and the game hangs forever and I end up quitting the game in order to resolve it.
There is a memory leak in the campaign mode, I have to figure out what's going on. Of course you don't see that on a PC with GBs of ram :)
Saint

Post by Saint »

wololo wrote: There is a memory leak in the campaign mode, I have to figure out what's going on. Of course you don't see that on a PC with GBs of ram :)
Just an idea but i think the storyline has to be split into multiple files instead of one file, it will cause more processor use because it needs to switch from 1 file to another even more then it does already butttt you can put in a command that wipes the cache on each switch because i think that is the problem (it might be the same as having a 100 tokens in play making your game all buggy just because the processor can't handle it, I think the engine just sees the campaign as one very long match).
I might be wrong ofcourse but it was worth to share the idea :)

Greetz,

Saint.