Replacing PSP icons with descriptions in Windows version

All suggestion to improve/change the Gui used by Wagic.
bigpeters

Replacing PSP icons with descriptions in Windows version

Post by bigpeters »

Having not been a user of Playstation/PSP, I find that using PSP controls in the keybindings/dialogs is difficult for me to follow. I think it would be far more user friendly if the keybindings screen used descriptions of what the keys do instead of circle, square, triangle, etc. Replace circle with select, x with interrupt, L1 with Tab left, and so forth. This may be more difficult than I assume, but it seems it would be as simple as replacing the images for the keys with descriptions.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Replacing PSP icons with descriptions in Windows version

Post by wololo »

It sounds like a theme change could fix this, but I'm not sure we could fit a valid description in the size of these icons...it would have to be an icon by itself...
bigpeters

Post by bigpeters »

Didn't think about doing it with a theme, but that might be all it takes. Even a legend on the keybinding screen would be helpful. I have no idea what square means when I go in there, so it is quite difficult to know what to bind where, I pretty much have to trial and error it.
albinsson

Post by albinsson »

I agree with it being difficult to learn these icons and would like to know more of the subject; like where can we find these images, can we replace them with home-made once?
gwynethhoratio

Post by gwynethhoratio »

Since installing Version X6, there has been a problem with.PSPIMAGE files (.pspimage) showing as icons from their respective versions (X4 and X6) instead of thumbnails (OS: Windows 8.1slope game)