A couple fairly simple GUI change suggestions.

All suggestion to improve/change the Gui used by Wagic.
eternalstar

A couple fairly simple GUI change suggestions.

Post by eternalstar »

When there are multiples of the same card on the board, have the game display a letter in the top left corner representing which card it is, with it adding a number after the letter should the number of copies of a specific card exceed 26. (A1 B1 C1 D1 A2 B2 C2 ect.)

Have unresolved damage listed as red numbers in the center of the card (Damage resolution actually goes on the stack in magic, which is something that Wagic does not currently support. So you cannot do things like use a Mogg Fanatic to block - take damage - sacrifice to deal 1 damage to a target.) The actually toughness of monsters does not change when they take damage, this is a common misconception that leads to confusion. That 2/4 is still a 2/4 after taking 3 points of damage, he isn't a 2/1.

Have a yellow number on the card representing however many counters are on the card. (When you examine the card using triangle, have it tell you what type of counter is on the card, +1+1 -1-1 ect ect.)

In addition to lining up the card you are targeting or blocking, have an arrow or line drawn from your card to the target card.

These are probably the main issues with the GUI that I can think of. For the most part its a pretty solid piece of work.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: A couple fairly simple GUI change suggestions.

Post by wololo »

Just to clarify one important point: damages don't go on the stack anymore in MTG, this rule was updated a couple years ago, to simplify the overall gaming experience.
Zethfox

Re: A couple fairly simple GUI change suggestions.

Post by Zethfox »

i already discussed this with eternal and sent him a link to the update m10 rules, im guessing they made this post at the same time as the other post about it...as i don't know anyone that would RE-post the same thing AFTER being corrected.

the counters (which we also need a way to show a cards abilities like if it gains flying, first strike ect), combat arrangement idea, and stacking of card which are exactly the same are things the dev team have been/ or have discussed for a while now. :/ unfortunately im under the impression as a dev myself that no one here is really very savvy with "gui" based improvements like "eye candy" as most of these things would actually fall under that (atleast to me anything that is visually more appealing is just eye candy no matter how effective it is at what it does, 200 tokens in a line is basically an eye soar)

just thought i'ld let you know were on the same page as you about those issues (except the damage thing)