New Player/Ai deck selection screens for 1 player Classic

All suggestion to improve/change the Gui used by Wagic.
mnguyen

New Player/Ai deck selection screens for 1 player Classic

Post by mnguyen »

All:
I 've recently checked in a change that modifies the display for the deck selection screens when playing 1-player classic mode. In order to play on the PSP you will need to copy the "DeckMenuBackdrop.png" file from the Res/graphics folder onto your PSP in its respective location before running the eboot.

I've added to these screens a changing list of tasks currently available for completion.

Please let me know of any problems you may have.

Thanks,
Mike
abrasax

Re: New Player/Ai deck selection screens for 1 player Classic

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

So I've tested this feature last night and found it incredible (I whishing for it !!), that's really nice... Here are some screenshot for those that can't see it... ;-):

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

And one using some WIP for my theme (this feature is actually theme compatible, so forget my Comment on the SVN about that)...

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

So I don't really have "problem" but doing a customized screen was difficult, mainly because some of the diffent frame that you can end will end touching each other...We have a lot of "free" space in this screen... so mainly I would suggest space optimization.

The title "Choose opponent" and "choose deck" could be put higher and in bigger font, the deck list could be extended to take rest of the screen. The stats and deck description could be put more right to let a bigger space between deck selection and deck description... Here is a draft of what I was thinking about:

[The extension png has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

I really whish Julio (wanted to redesign the menu, no idea what the stand of this project is), Ilya.B (because he made most of the design of the default theme, apart from the shop that was made by Julio), jeck (for the theme and layout) and daddy32 (for the stats) would have time to give their opinion/comments on that, maybe a quick mail to all dev team would be nice...

Some other suggestions/ideas:
- Add a ligthning effect like in the shop ...
- Being able to have the DeckMenuBackdrop for the avatar being "on top" of the avatar and not behind (this would allow to do some cameo style frame...)

That's all cherry on the top... the current style design is great as it is, no real need to change anything.

On a separate note I was thinking that some stats could be added like "Quickest victory: *number of round*" not really needed in the deck selection but could be added to the deck editor...

Thanks again for this...

Grüssi

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
mnguyen

Post by mnguyen »

I was also going to apply the same pattern to the deck editor screen. Any layout that you would think be useful? I wasn't sure if the current/proposed layouts are sufficient for the Editor screen. I was thinking that the deck selection and editors look different and have different layouts b/c they serve different functions.

I'll make a submission such that the editor will use the new layout for illustration. since it seems that that will be the quickest way to get comments.

Thanks for the comments everybody!
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Following discussion on the chat...

Here is the same layout with transparency (that's very dirty made)

And for testing what I mean by putting the avatar "behind" the png here is another one with a "cameo" style frame for the avatar (more than dirty):

and a final one more balanced

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder