[Suggestion] Can port this homebrew to the Nintendo DS?

To discuss about porting wagic to other platform. Note that we have several request for porting wagic to other platform, but no coders at the moment to do the job.
oxenh

[Suggestion] Can port this homebrew to the Nintendo DS?

Post by oxenh »

i don't know if this is suggested before, but this wonderfull homebrew could work like a charm in the DS with the touch screen ...
well that my suggestion
thank for you hard work in this homebrew
bye~
wololo
Site Admin

Re: [Suggestion] Can port this homebrew to the Nintendo DS?

Post by wololo »

Port to the nintendo DS would be extremely hard.
I believe the nintendo DS doesn't have enough Ram to store high quality graphics.
Also the screens are a bit too small, and the whole display would need to be rethought for the DS (how to display the current wide screen on such small displays ?)

If someone want to give it a try though, that'd be great.
mickey_brown

Post by mickey_brown »

It would be a lot of work. For screen management, maybe have your hand, both players life totals, library, and graveyard on the top screen. Then the bottom screen would be the battlefield. Because of the DS's hardware, you would probably have to make all the images smaller. I don't know if you noticed, but some cards that have a lot of text and are already hard to read. It would be way worse on the DS. Tho someday when the DS2 or PSP2 come out, it would be awesome to port wagic to those and have higher res images, ect...
Szei

Post by Szei »

DSI XL

Much bigger screen. But does that just mean more pixelated graphics? Anyway, it would be a major undertaking to port wagic... I'd rather just see the PSP version continue to grow.
Virman

Post by Virman »

Hi everyone! I started creating this game for the DS, because I am a fan of these cards a long time and I would love to play on my DS with them.

The problem is that although good use nightfox libraries, information and knowledge I need to make the wifi and other things.

I put the link of the news in nds.scenbeta.com:
http://nds.scenebeta.com/noticia/wagic-gathering

I appreciate any advice and help.

Greetings!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola a todos! He empezado a crear este juego para la DS, pues soy fan de estas cartas desde hace mucho y me encantaría poder jugar en mi DS con ellas.

El problema es que aunque uso las buenas librerias de nightfox, me falta información y conocimientos para hacer la parte wifi y algunas cosas más.

Os pongo el link de la noticia en nds.scenbeta.com:
http://nds.scenebeta.com/noticia/wagic-gathering

Agradezco cualquier consejo y ayuda.

Un saludo!
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

No offense, but are you using the name of our game, our graphics, and our reputation, to promote a game that has nothing to do with us? Based on the screenshot, it seems your game has nothing to do with ours.
A port to the nintendo DS would be great, but if that's what you are planning to do, please feel free to share your port here. What you are doing right now is NOT a port.

If what you're doing is creating your own game from scratch, why are you even using our name? We don't have a trademark on that, but you'd better find your own name, and maybe your own graphics too.

If what you want to do is actually port Wagic to the DS, this is a very exciting opportunity for us, so please get in touch with us, let's both benefit from each other's experience, but please do not name your game "Wagic" if it has nothing to do with our game :|

Edit: please don't get me wrong, I'm honored that a homebrew developer references our game. But if it's not an actual port of our game, I will publicly deny any affiliation with your work.
Virman

Post by Virman »

I'm doing a small port of the game to the DS, but I need help with wifi functions and some other things.
I leave the story here: http://nds.scenebeta.com/noticia/wagic-gathering
If someone tells me where I upload my source code to everyone you can see, I'll upload delighted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Estoy haciendo un pequeño port de este juego a la DS, pero necesito ayuda con las funciones wifi y algunas cosas más.
Dejo la noticia aquí: http://nds.scenebeta.com/noticia/wagic-gathering
Si alguien me dice dónde debo subir mi código fuente para que todos lo podaís ver, lo subiré encantado.
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

I don't want to be rude but your posts are funny. Are you using automatic spanish to english translation ? I don't understand a word of spanish, so your links are no use at least for me to understand your project...
Anyway, we recently introduce SDL 1.3 in Wagic and I think that there is an NDS port of SDL, so I wondered if you looked at that already ?