iPhone / iPod Touch port?

To discuss about porting wagic to other platform. Note that we have several request for porting wagic to other platform, but no coders at the moment to do the job.
mnguyen

Re: iPhone / iPod Touch port?

Post by mnguyen »

looks like somebody may already be starting on an iPhone port. Some recent check ins seem to indicate as such.
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

Really? :) A fully working port of Wagic to the iPhone 4 with drag 'n drop controls would be the *ONLY* thing that would make me wanna jailbreak my iPhone.
superhiro

Post by superhiro »

There seem to be some "iOS" related changes in the SVN. Is there any more information about that?
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

I started to port wagic on iOS and commit some modifications. I've got it somehow running in the simulator, I plugged the touch interface I used for N900. It's starting to work. There still some major UI artefacts due to the architecture choices I did. If the progress are as I want, I may post a video of wagic running on iPad soon.
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

Great news, Djardin. I hope all goes well and we will be able to enjoy wagic on iphone / ipad soon. :)
TioSolid

Post by TioSolid »

Djardin wrote:I started to port wagic on iOS and commit some modifications. I've got it somehow running in the simulator, I plugged the touch interface I used for N900. It's starting to work. There still some major UI artefacts due to the architecture choices I did. If the progress are as I want, I may post a video of wagic running on iPad soon.
HOLY F*(K. Really looking forward for this
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Djardin wrote:I started to port wagic on iOS and commit some modifications. I've got it somehow running in the simulator, I plugged the touch interface I used for N900. It's starting to work. There still some major UI artefacts due to the architecture choices I did. If the progress are as I want, I may post a video of wagic running on iPad soon.
Awesome news :)
superhiro

Post by superhiro »

Wow, this is awesome :) I'll get a 4g ipod Touch for christmas, so I'm definitely looking forward to playing wagic on that as well =D
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

Current state of the port on iPad : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOb8k0N5wxc
TioSolid

Post by TioSolid »

You were now officially promoted to god status. Awesome work man!