iPhone / iPod Touch port?

To discuss about porting wagic to other platform. Note that we have several request for porting wagic to other platform, but no coders at the moment to do the job.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: iPhone / iPod Touch port?

Post by wololo »

I told you by email already, but I'm wetting my pants looking at this video. Now I actually want an iPad :shock:
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

:shock: This is really awesome!! :) Thank you for all your effort so far.
humanumd

Post by humanumd »

Wow! great job! when do you think you its gonna be ready?
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

Don't count on it too soon, I'm not happy with the human interface and the packaging needs a lot of work before it's usable by anybody.
TioSolid

Post by TioSolid »

Do you plan to release this game as an appstore app or Cydia only? If the first, you can release the game without any images (or at least copyrighted images) and those that have a jailbreaked device can move the images there later. ComicZeal sort of works like that. You can use their own app for syncing comics, but if you have a jailbreaked device, you can just move the files to a folder and the app syncs them automatically ;)

Btw, you could move the phases signs from the left to the middle of the gaming board so we can just "click" on them to move from one step to another
rob3d

Post by rob3d »

This is amazing. Great work! Cant believe I didn't notice this till today. Would this technically be possible on an Iphone 4 as well as the ipad?
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

iPhone 3GS and 4G should be no problem as they support opengl es 2.0. For iPhone 3G, we would need to support opengl es 1.1, which is not very hard but we don't have it totally integrated currently. Regarding the screen dimensions, there is no real problem, nothing is hardcoded, the app is just scaled up to whatever resolution needed to fill the screen while maintaining aspect ratio ... and it also already supports orientation rotation =)
I didn't test the app on iPhone as I don't own one but I hope the card selection by touch event would be as good as on the iPad. It's basically the same code that the one working for the N900 so it should be fine...
TioSolid

Post by TioSolid »

Djardin wrote:iPhone 3GS and 4G should be no problem as they support opengl es 2.0. For iPhone 3G, we would need to support opengl es 1.1, which is not very hard but we don't have it totally integrated currently. Regarding the screen dimensions, there is no real problem, nothing is hardcoded, the app is just scaled up to whatever resolution needed to fill the screen while maintaining aspect ratio ... and it also already supports orientation rotation =)
I didn't test the app on iPhone as I don't own one but I hope the card selection by touch event would be as good as on the iPad. It's basically the same code that the one working for the N900 so it should be fine...
If you want I can test it out for you since I own a jailbreaked 3GS. Just point me out where to place the files so I can run it :D
rob3d

Post by rob3d »

Djardin wrote:iPhone 3GS and 4G should be no problem as they support opengl es 2.0. For iPhone 3G, we would need to support opengl es 1.1, which is not very hard but we don't have it totally integrated currently. Regarding the screen dimensions, there is no real problem, nothing is hardcoded, the app is just scaled up to whatever resolution needed to fill the screen while maintaining aspect ratio ... and it also already supports orientation rotation =)
I have a jailbroken Iphone 4 I'd be willing to test it out if your looking for beta testers.
humanumd

Post by humanumd »

I have a jailbroken Iphone 3g if you want me to test this awsome port too :D It would be an honor!