iPhone / iPod Touch port?

To discuss about porting wagic to other platform. Note that we have several request for porting wagic to other platform, but no coders at the moment to do the job.
TioSolid

iPhone / iPod Touch port?

Post by TioSolid »

Wagic is a very nice game and being able to play it on a touch screen handheld would be awesome. Probably you will not be able to create a full featured game using Apple´s framework but you can still distribute your game on Cydia.

Does anybody thinks thats a good idea?
wololo
Site Admin

Re: iPhone / iPod Touch port?

Post by wololo »

I think it's a great idea.
However I don't personally own an iPhone or a Mac so I can't do much about it. If some iPhone dev wants to do a port (for cydia, obviously, not an official app), I'll gladly help and fix the compilation issues they might run into.
Szei

Post by Szei »

http://sites.google.com/site/kiplring/

Too bad you can't really do anything with it (just moving cards around, no gameplay I believe).
NOTE: there isn't any connection between that game and this one (although it should be obvious judging from wololo's comment above)
rob3d

Post by rob3d »

wololo wrote:I think it's a great idea.
However I don't personally own an iPhone or a Mac so I can't do much about it. If some iPhone dev wants to do a port (for cydia, obviously, not an official app), I'll gladly help and fix the compilation issues they might run into.

Glad to see you've changed your mind on the subject considering a year ago you thought it was an "awful device." :)
I hope an experienced iphone programmer comes along to help as Wagic would be an amazing app in Cyida or Rock.
If it ever does happen I would gladly donate again to help things progress.
Thedark

Post by Thedark »

Hello, I wanted to know if the project of porting to iphone 4 wagic maybe it was true or remained just an idea.

thanks
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

It is just an idea for now. I don't have a mac, I don't have an iPhone, and nobody in the dev team does.

So, we're not against the idea, but we haven't been contacted by any serious iPhone dev willing to help so far.
TioSolid

Post by TioSolid »

wololo wrote:It is just an idea for now. I don't have a mac, I don't have an iPhone, and nobody in the dev team does.

So, we're not against the idea, but we haven't been contacted by any serious iPhone dev willing to help so far.
Heeey, what about the donation I gave you? You could at least buy the screen from the iphone :P
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

I don't have Macs, iPhone or iPad but, don't tell Steve, I've got VMWare and I'm curious ... so I started to play with XCode and the simulator ;)
mnguyen

Post by mnguyen »

well I do have an iPhone 3g and 4 + a mac to boot. I'm just ramping up on Obj-c but I did intentionally join the team to either do a Wagic port or collaborate on one. However, it's not that simple. From what I can tell there needs to be a little more refactoring to do as well as myself understanding more on how combat works in the current engine. From a scheduling POV, it won't be until next year ( March?) that I'll have time to do it as I'm doing an iPhone project for work myself.

So if until then, nobody works on an iPhone implementation, I'll probably start it next March.
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

Hey, thats cool. I just got myself a new iPhone 4 and I think wagic would run good at it. A lot of the controls could be done quite good with the touchscreen. Btw, Mike, I'm planning on doing an iPhone game, maybe i can ask you for advice sometimes...

cheers!!