Wagic on Android (DROID) ?

To discuss about porting wagic to other platform. Note that we have several request for porting wagic to other platform, but no coders at the moment to do the job.
XZ3R0

Re: Android (DROID)

Post by XZ3R0 »

Although most don't have a keyboard the DROID IS Verizon's flagship device at the moment and next month they will be launching 2 more Android smart phones with keyboards.
A touch dependent control system wouldn't be bad i guess but, I think id prefer to use my keyboard. Would it be to much extra work to throw in an option to map keyboard keys for usage? (im thinking about how Gameboid emulator work)
I'd help port it over, if i knew how to code. Maybe in a few more years lol.
abrasax

Re: Android (DROID)

Post by abrasax »

[EDIT ABRA: Merged this topic with the previous "request/suggestion" for an android version, remember to use the search function ;) ]
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
Daddy32

Re: Wagic on Android (DROID) ?

Post by Daddy32 »

One guy (by the nick of "grammerjack") ported (with just few tens of kilobytes of additional java code...) Quake to android. Doesn't give me much more courage to try this with Wagic yet, but it certainly serves as a proof, that a C++ OpenGL applications can be ported with some effort. Plus, the port is open-source and somewhat documented, so it can serve as a starting point.
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

Current state of the Android port:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT8fXqzlTNI
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

For the people interested and also the ones that "can't live without Wagic", the full code of the program running in this video is available in the project SVN. So, if you're motivated, don't waste your time sending me private messages, you can compile it and make it run on your tablet or phone NOW. If you don't have the motivation, just wait until it's fully released.
gothx

Post by gothx »

Hello, I also want wagic on android

so while browsing online and found this and hope it'll help

Learning Android 2011: http://www.mediafire.com/?d9y1qa3qcgnd6j1

I'm not much of a coder but am learning and hope this helps all who can code and are trying to put wagic on android.
jwilkes99999

Post by jwilkes99999 »

Is there a progress thread for this or any updates since june? I just got a galaxy tab through my honors program and was excited to see wagic on droid and then i found out it was still in production.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

The official answer is: we're making progress, and either you can help, in which case we are interested to get in touch with you (contact me by pm directly), or you just want to play, in which case we ask you to be patient.
I'll try to make a more complete announcement soon, I need to synchronize with the other devs.

A good part of the dev team is currently focusing on the Android port, including me as it's one of my personal priorities.
jwilkes99999

Post by jwilkes99999 »

Actually I may be interested in helping, but not at this moment. School just started back and I have to get settled into this semester's programming courses before I take on another project. Not to mention I'd have to look through Wagic's code and get an understanding of it before I did anything else.

But I will definitely PM you if I think I can help out later. I'd love to help the project I've enjoyed so much.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I synched up with the rest of the team. There are a few things I want to iron out before an alpha release, so give us a few weeks and we should be able to share a test binary.