[CODE] Reveal and Scry

All code submission.
sandman423

Re: [CODE] Reveal and Scry

Post by sandman423 »

Do I have to download and patch Bestow and Devotion as well??
excessum

Post by excessum »

If I remember correctly, Bestow, Scry and Devotion are all stand alone patches so you do not need them together.
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

I patched my WagTheSource with Reveal...Can I add the other 2 patches so I can play with all 3 mechanics or no?

I also noticed the WagtheSource File has a red Exclamation. I was having issues on other computers with trying to compile for PSP so I am on my main computer...I hope this patch doesn't mess it up. Is there a way to delete the patch without having to rebuild the sources?
excessum

Post by excessum »

As stated before, you can install any/all of the three patches. The red exclamation appears after patching because you have made changes to the source (ie. the installed patch).

If you can compile a CLEAN (green arrow) version of the SVN without errors, installing these patch(s) on said clean version should also compile properly.
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

So if SVN Gets updated will the green check mark show up again??

I added ALL PAtches and tried to compile and I got this...
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

excessum

Post by excessum »

You can try the advice I gave earlier and see if it works.
excessum wrote:If you have compiler errors, please quote the entire line here because I have no idea what your source files look like. The most likely guess is that you applied the "Fizzle unless pay x" patch and the error is with this line:

Code: Select all

if ( isFake && findPayN != string::npos ) {
You can simply declare findPayN as a size_t instead of int to fix that, assuming this IS the line you have the error...

I recommend that you revert your project to the current (r4876) SVN and then reapply the patch(s). I have verified that this works 100% on VS2010 on Windows 7. Note that the "Fizzle to zone" patch has been removed as it is already in the latest SVN.
The green check will NEVER appear for ANY external modifications made to the source code like patches so do not worry about that. It is useful as a starting point before patching to ensure that there have no other modifications made before applying the patch.
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

Still getting the error could you explain to me a step-by step on how to fix it...I am very new to this...
excessum

Post by excessum »

In AllAbilities.cpp, around that line 1150 there should be a line that says

int findPayN = isFake->named.find( " n mana" );
Change it to

size_t findPayN = isFake->named.find( " n mana" );
and hopefully that should solve the problem.

Alternatively, just revert back to the SVN and just use the Bestow, Devotion and Reveal patches without the Counterspell unless pay x one...
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

Didn't work so how do I revert it back?

I did this...

Right Clicked Wagthesource
Chose SVN Commit....

Highlighted ALL modified and Said Revert and OK is this right? The Green Check came back
excessum

Post by excessum »

Same as how you reverted back originally, using SVN to revert back to r4876 so that the green check appears again. When playing with new code or patches, this is very important to ensure that you are not accidentally mixing up chunks from different patches/changes together into one big mess.

I have no idea what the heck the PSP SDK's compiler is doing so you might have to wait for Tacoghandi or someone else to compile their working copies if you still cannot get it to work.