N900 and Qt support

All code submission.
Djardin

Re: N900 and Qt support

Post by Djardin »

I put a small video of Wagic on N900 done with my crappy webcam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt2S9IQ8ies. You can see the menu problem, and how imba is my red/black deck is !!!
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Thanks a lot, I added the video to my blog post :)
Edit: your deck is old school :) I used to play "for real" during the 3rd edition, so I can relate to your deck
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

For those interested: DJardin's port has been integrated into the SVN, and we fixed a few minor graphical issues.
I can't compile the N900 version myself yet, but I'd be happy to get some feedback on this :)
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

Thanks to your fixes, the N900 version does not suffer from the menu bug anymore.
I've been working on the packaging on the application for a while, and, thanks to the support of a couple of Nokia dev, I had the MADDE building tool patched to support deployment of path with white spaces. I finally managed to create a proper .deb package installing/de-installing cleanly everything needed to have a proper wagic running with default parameters. Here is what it gives from the Maemo application manager once it's installed if you want to de-install it or before you installed it:

[The extension png has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Here is the description available before you install it:

Here is the resumé available before you install it:

About the icon used, I resized to 64x64 the PSP one but it doesn't look that good especially because it's not properly transparent, so if you have better, feel free to propose something !
Of course, all the text is customisable, I currently copy-pasted what I found around, but if you think it should be different, feel free to propose something else.

I had to really hack to automize this package creation. Currently I do the following stuff to prepare the Res subdirectories to be packageable:

Code: Select all

rm -rf ../mtg/bin/ResCopy; svn checkout http://wagic.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/projects/mtg/bin/Res ../mtg/bin/ResCopy; rm -rf `find ../mtg/bin/ResCopy -type d -name .svn`; rm -rf `find ../mtg/bin/ResCopy -type f -name .directory`; rm -rf ../mtg/bin/ResCopy/test; cp ../mtg/*.mp3 ../mtg/bin/ResCopy/sound; mkdir ../mtg/bin/ResCopy/profiles
I'll commit my changes this evening. Once we all agree on the content, I'll upload the package on the Maemo extra-dev catalogue so that anybody with N900 can download it.
ashen12

Post by ashen12 »

this is great that it works on mobile phones now, when will i see it on an android phone? i would love to have it
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

ashen12 wrote:this is great that it works on mobile phones now, when will i see it on an android phone? i would love to have it
If you code it, you'll have it. Don't hesitate to send us your patch :mrgreen:
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

- I don't see how we could develop proper support for iPhone or Android phones without keyboard without revamping the GUI to be able to interact directly with GUI objects. Basically we miss a way to transform the location point (x,y) of an events to a the GUI object at that position. Doing this reverse computation would be fairly complex I think.
- The OpenGl ES 2.0 code we developed for the N900 should be directly usable on iPhone (not the first version) or Android (2.2 only I think).
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

We'll get there. Support of more portable devices is clearly one of my goals for this game. The PSP is not getting younger :lol:
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

http://maemo.org/packages/view/wagic/
Wagic available on extras-dev catalogue for N900 users.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

This is exciting. What does it mean from the N900 users point of view?