N900 and Qt support

All code submission.
Djardin

Re: N900 and Qt support

Post by Djardin »

Anybody with a clue and a N900 can now download and install directly the Wagic application. Looks like some of them they already started http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=50278&page=4 ...
rpgabriel

Post by rpgabriel »

I did!

It works very well, and the best thing I would say is the place that the wagic/res folder is located. Couldn't be easier to change and customize thing on the software.

Many thanks, guys! Great work Djardin!

RPGabriel
rpgabriel

Post by rpgabriel »

Djardin wrote:- I don't see how we could develop proper support for iPhone or Android phones without keyboard without revamping the GUI to be able to interact directly with GUI objects. Basically we miss a way to transform the location point (x,y) of an events to a the GUI object at that position. Doing this reverse computation would be fairly complex I think.
What about a virtual keyboard (or something like it), instead of having events based on x,y...

I mean, something like this: (sorry for the big picture... )

I don't know, I am just brainstorming...

See y'all
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3HOqrsvoes. I coded basically what I said, selection of GUI objects based on the touch coordinates.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I wet my pants while watching this video. This is the coolest thing ever :mrgreen:
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

i was surprised how well it ported to touch interface. i thought there would be menu error or some random bugs.
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

The code I modified was already able to cleanly position GUI objects based on the their top left corner and select them based on a key input. I just had to find a high level object knowing all the GUI objects and perform a stupid algorithm to select the closest object from the clicking position... done.

The shop and deck editor have still no mouse support btw.
rpgabriel

Post by rpgabriel »

Djardin wrote:Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3HOqrsvoes. I coded basically what I said, selection of GUI objects based on the touch coordinates.
Awesome!

I have a question: to Interrupt, where should you click?
Another thing is: to flick through the cards in the graveyard/library, how do you do? (since sometimes we have a longer length of cards on that "submenu" that the interface open when you want to find something there)

Great work, Djar!
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

I added the support of the zoom/volume buttons and binded them to "next phase" for one and "interrupt" for the other. For the library or graveyard parsing, touching the screen after the end or before the beginning automatically scrolls the list ...

Basically, if I change to start the game in fullscreen, to play a game, you would have to use the keyboard only to mulligan or to cancel, all the rest can be done with the screen.
messala

Post by messala »

Hi, folks.

Firstly, happy new year, and gratz for the great job on wagic.
I'm trying to play the game on maemo, but it isn't works, the window close after full black. Have any configuration to be done before playing or some software requirement?

Thanks anyway.
[]'s

Editing:
I didn't nothing diffrent, just tried to open again (fot the fifth time) and it's worked. Great game. tnks again.