[WIP] Chinese support to Wagic

All code submission.
linshier

Re: [WIP] Chinese support to Wagic

Post by linshier »

Thanks, I try out the ramAvailable and find out only 6MB RAM is free with the current Chinese support (I use chikhen on my PSP-3000). Then I guess the slowdown by loading larger files may be due to the lack of free RAM. So we do need to keep the font file's size down, or try the Intrafont for more complex languages (Intrafont is an interesting approach, but many Chinese fans don't think the internal fonts of PSP is pretry and I implement the current one).

Another question. We find the some card name missing commas so that the lang file can not match them, such as Konda Lord of Eiganjo. I check svn's change list and find the r1797 patch remove the commas. It says "the comma needed to be stripped from the name to make the card work" while there are still some working cards having a comma... Can someone talk more about this patch. And if we want to fix the translation, what can we do? Removing the comma from the lang files too (keeping it different from the offical name)?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

linshier wrote: Another question. We find the some card name missing commas so that the lang file can not match them, such as Konda Lord of Eiganjo. I check svn's change list and find the r1797 patch remove the commas. It says "the comma needed to be stripped from the name to make the card work" while there are still some working cards having a comma... Can someone talk more about this patch. And if we want to fix the translation, what can we do? Removing the comma from the lang files too (keeping it different from the offical name)?
Some cards have complex abilities that require "themselves" as target, and people have been using a few tricks to deal with that.
so sometimes, you will see an ability that does something like:
target(creature,name_of_the_card)...
since the "target" part of the ability splits on ",", if "name_of_the_card" has a comma in it, the parser will fail.
So the card coder took the decision to remove the "," from the card name.

This makes the card name "different" from the official version, but that is not a big problem, since this name is just used by Wagic "internally".

So yes, it is ok to remove the comma from the name, but you can still keep the comma in your translation (if it makes sense in Chinese). If we are really picky, we can also put the comma back in the english lang file:

Konda Lord of Eiganjo=Konda, Lord of Eiganjo

After all, it's only a matter of display
linshier

Post by linshier »

Some more fixup and improvement.

First, a bug of Chinese support is found.
In the Chinese support, options[Options::LANG] is tested to determine which language wagic is using, while I don't known on some PSP2000 system the value would be upper case (until some fans report it to me) so that the code lost itself with "CN" option and no words would be displayed.
So, fix-bug-for-chinese-lang-option.patch is created to fix this issue.

Second, I am sorry for bringing in some loading slowdown to other languages with the Chinese support,
and fix-loading-slowdown-for-un-chinese.patch is created to fix that.

Third, I am trying to add some more interesting feature for Chinese support like using icons to display the mana cost in the rule description.
improve-chinese-rule-desc-display.patch does main job, and there are also 2 two more patchs go alone with it:
improve-chinese-rule-desc-neofont.patch modifys some of tools/neofont generation code to make it a monospace font.(about font update, we should download mono.ttf from url in README and then run "make update".)
update-chinese-translation-file.patch adds more card's tranlation and fixs the case like "Konda Lord of Eiganjo"
Attachments

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

joshua004

Post by joshua004 »

Areckx

Post by Areckx »

This is amazing! I am looking forward to a future Japanese port! This is progress, thank you!

(I will help with translation for Japanese port *hint* *hint*
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

in the pics you posted ling i noticed something really strange.
Third, I am trying to add some more interesting feature for Chinese support like using icons to display the mana cost in the rule description.
please make this univarsal. not limited to translations.
over 2 months ago. i dont understand why you would feel the english players wouldnt want this change just as bad.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Areckx wrote:This is amazing! I am looking forward to a future Japanese port! This is progress, thank you!

(I will help with translation for Japanese port *hint* *hint*
We actually added Japanese support a few days ago and we need translators. Are you a native speaker?
linshier

Post by linshier »

Zethfox wrote:in the pics you posted ling i noticed something really strange.
please make this univarsal. not limited to translations.
over 2 months ago. i dont understand why you would feel the english players wouldnt want this change just as bad.
univarsal support will be commited to svn after we release 0.14 :D