Bonus system - Suggestions & Ideas

Suggestion about adding, unlockable, tasks, rewards and credits to the game.
Team Xlink

Re: Bonus system - Suggestions & Ideas

Post by Team Xlink »

I really like these ideas.

They add more depth to the game giving it a long term goal.

I know most of us play in real life and would love to see Wagic The Homebew?! include more of those things.

I created a sliver deck before it wasn't that bad.

The deck that I am most proud of was my artifact deck.

Wow, was that deck good.

I had some really rare cards in it.

One of them said something like:

You can't lose the game and your opponents can't win the game.

If I can find the card I will post the real name of the card as well as all of the stats. I could even take a photo of it.

Edit:

Link:

http://magiccards.info/autocard.php?car ... um%20Angel

Image of the most recent version of this card:

Last edited by Team Xlink on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Szei

Post by Szei »

darkmatter wrote:In addition to these/ the current rewards, a trophy /achievement room to see all the bonuses achieved would be a great achievement and add some longevity.
Achievements would be a nice addition to the game. I don't know about the actual credit rewards named by abra as I think that the bonuses are a bit much, not to mention I'd rather just try to win the game then purposely lose life or drag out the game to earn more credits. However, I think that awarding the credit bonuses the first time the achievement is gained as well as having an achievements page where you can look at how many achievements you have completed would be great.

EDIT: btw Team Xlink, the card you are referring to is Platinum Angel. I believe it is from Mirrodin. My friend had the French version =D
Saiki

Post by Saiki »

Team Xlink wrote:You can't lose the game and your opponents can't win the game.

If I can find the card I will post the real name of the card as well as all of the stats. I could even take a photo of it.
Platinum Angel "7 cost" 4/4 flying artifact

edit: someone beat me to it, ah well..
Onitenshi

Post by Onitenshi »

wololo wrote:
Saiki wrote: boon reflectionx3, beacon of immortlity, stormherd. assuming that he's at 20 to start... 20x2=40+20=60+40=100+60=160 tokens (if I did the math right)
I'd love to see a usable user interface for 160 tokens...
I thought about that because my elf deck produces an high amount of tokens.

Maybe it could be handled through stacking, so tokens of the same kind are put on a separate stack displaying the amount of tokens.
The player has to choose how many tokens he wants to use for attacking.

Clicking on the stack while declaring blockers causes to take a token from the stack.

When you choose to block a token-stack, clicking the normal button to choose between the attacking creatures will show a the information which creature from the stack your creature is currently blocking. Pressing the button again the next creature in the stack is chosen.

Just an idea
ImageImageImageImageImage
Daddy32

Post by Daddy32 »

On a different topic:
I don't know if this was brought up before (I haven't found any posts regarding this), but final bonus really needs to have an upper limit - especially because of the life-delta bonus (I've built a deck to exploit this and was able to earn several billions of credits in a single game (Beacon of immortality + Planar portal)).
Saiki

Post by Saiki »

decking should either = 0 or more. I end with 1 life I get "-19"
mickey_brown

Post by mickey_brown »

I too have a deck that creates so many token creatures they go off the screen. lol
I was just thinking if that if the battlefield could scroll left and right you could have as many as you want, that in combination with your stacking proposal (which is what i do in real life) would work out very nicely.
leungclj

Post by leungclj »

In the main menu, change the exit "button" to "achievement hall" where it shows the all the sets that are unlocked, all the bonus earned from winning games, this will give players a little bit more of a reason to keep playing than just getting their dream deck. At the moment, players have no idea how many sets they have unlocked, so this section should also give players a better idea what progress they are in.

I am not very good with design, but in short:
probably showing the player's credits at the corner, etc

basically like monster hunter guild card, if you know what that is like of course.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Saiki

Post by Saiki »

L and R are already defined, that wouldn't work
yeaforme

Post by yeaforme »

What about having card rewards as bonuses linked to some of the harder things to do? I really like the idea of being able to supplement card gains through something other than credits.