challenges mode?

Suggestion about adding, unlockable, tasks, rewards and credits to the game.
Saiki

challenges mode?

Post by Saiki »

I'm kinda stealing the idea from the Tag Force games, but it might be a good addition to add to wagic. this is how it works:

you have a set field and a fixed number of options you can do in that turn. and you HAVE to win that turn.

a bad example, but it will work:

you:
field: Underworld dreams, 2 (untapped) black mana (other random stuff that I'm not coming up with right now)
hand: sign in blood
life: 2

opponent:
field: strong creatures, 2 white 1 red untapped
hand: borus fury shield
life: 4

now the obvious win here is to cast sign in blood on them forcing them to draw 2 cards and lose 4 life. (this being probably the easiest one I could think of)
Zethfox

Re: challenges mode?

Post by Zethfox »

saiki please download abras story mode "the brothers war"...this is exactly what you are talking about dude.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

As Zethfox said.
We have the story mode for that, it's now up to the users to come up with interesting scenarios/challenges/whatever. Abrasax's "Brothers War" is probably the closest to what you mentioned.

Edit: and of course, feel free to create your own, doesn't require a rocket-science degree, I swear :)
Saiki

Post by Saiki »

to be completely honest, I never thought about the story mode in that way lol I've always thought of stories having their own line of something, but herein lies the dilema:
If I create a storymode like this, I would have to create several seperate entries, because currently you can't choose what part to go to. challenges are ment to be done free-form
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

i seem to remember a free form menu on brother war saiki, you get too choose what challange to do :P you should play it, its fun.
Saiki

Post by Saiki »

when I find time to do it I will, can you provide a link to it?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1851

And don't get fooled by the name. It's called story mode, but you are free to create your own "branches" the way you want. Have you ever played one of those "RPG Books" bakcin the old days? It's a bit like that.
Anyways, yes, you can create challenges, and a menu at the start where you choose which challenge you want to go to
Saiki

Post by Saiki »

wololo wrote:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1851
Have you ever played one of those "RPG Books" bakcin the old days?
define the old days? I'm 23 but I have no idea how "old times" you're talking about lol

and if you're referign to D&D, I've run a few of them, so I'm semi-well versed in it.
mnguyen

Post by mnguyen »

Saiki wrote:
define the old days? I'm 23 but I have no idea how "old times" you're talking about lol

and if you're referign to D&D, I've run a few of them, so I'm semi-well versed in it.
For starters, D&D is far older than you. But wololo is referring to books from series like "Choose your own adventure" and the like. Very popular in the 80s. There are also RPG books dating farther back. I can't name them now, but I know they existed at one point.

I feel old if you think 23 is "old"
Saiki

Post by Saiki »

mnguyen wrote:
Saiki wrote:

For starters, D&D is far older than you. But wololo is referring to books from series like "Choose your own adventure" and the like. Very popular in the 80s. There are also RPG books dating farther back. I can't name them now, but I know they existed at one point.

I feel old if you think 23 is "old"
well, I hear alot of "before your time" and "the old days" of varying lengths, I know I ain't old lol and I think I read 1 of those "choose your own path" books, those were annoying to me (I do enjoy the flow of a story like that, just not in a book). and I'm well aware D&D is older than I am, but I play 3.5, so I was using it as a point of reference.