Task Board in Main Menu?

Suggestion about adding, unlockable, tasks, rewards and credits to the game.
superhiro

Task Board in Main Menu?

Post by superhiro »

Hey guys,
I think it would be better to have the Task Board be available through the Main Menu with the L Button, that way you wouldn't have to go through the shop everytime you wanted to check for tasks.
Jeck

Re: Task Board in Main Menu?

Post by Jeck »

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't really agree with you. We've got a limited number of easy to access menu spaces, and a lot of interesting ideas for things that have to be linked in... I'm willing to bet the L button will be used for something else :P

As it is, I think the shop is a good place for task board, both functionally and in the game's story context. It might be an idea to make it more "visible" in the shop, though...
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

How about L or R from withing the shop then ?
Or we could have something like in patapon, L and R can be clicked several times to access various areas.
Menu -> R -> trophies -> R -> tasks (or something like that)
Niegen

Post by Niegen »

wololo wrote:Or we could have something like in patapon, L and R can be clicked several times to access various areas.
That would be awesome, I would go with that! It would work like the stat pages in the deck editor.
Rob

Post by Rob »

[Hijack alert]

Since we are talking about the Task Board...

One thing I would find very useful is if the tasks could be "clicked" to be started. I go to the shop, find the task I want to attempt, then I have to go back to the decks (and scroll through all 100) and remember/find which deck was associated with the task. If I could just click the task, then start a game with the task deck already set as my opponent, I could select the deck I want to play against it.

[/Hijack alert]

[Update]
Ok one more thought about the Task board that kind of ties into cycling through options. The tasks often have parameters like # of turns or # of cards burried, etc. It would be awesome if you could some how trigger a new screen that would show your progress towards the task you were currently working on. Otherwise you have do do things like drop into the opponents graveyard to count cards and there is no turn indicator. *** Wow, I just realized there is a turn indicator but you can only see it if you press <start>
[/Update]
Image Image
· Poof!! · Backlash ·
Szei

Post by Szei »

wololo wrote:How about L or R from withing the shop then ?
Or we could have something like in patapon, L and R can be clicked several times to access various areas.
This is what I was thinking for other screens (I think I posted this in someone's thread suggesting a stats screen, or maybe that was my thread =P). However, for tasks, I like the idea of going into a shop and 'receiving tasks from the shop keeper'. Perhaps an L or R trigger in the shop could be used instead of the start button though. If this is linked on the menu however, that would be fine too, although maybe make tasks 'L' so that one only needs navigate one page from the menu (at least until/if more pages become necessary).
Jeck

Post by Jeck »

As of current SVN, Task board is now accessible through "R" in the shop. It is not linked into the main menu.

I'm pretty certain that's the decision we came to for this release (though as with anything in SVN, it might change), but I'm just as certain that in the future we will be linking more things to the main menu's shoulder buttons. I still prefer task board to be seperate from the main menu loop for flavor reasons (the board is "located" inside the shop), but we'll see what happens.

As far as the suggestions go, I really like the idea about the task board being a shortcut to the battle, and I'm sure that it'll come up in discussion soon.