Manually Disable/Lock Sets

All about the shop and the way of improving it
talnin

Manually Disable/Lock Sets

Post by talnin »

Hopefully this isn't already a feature I just don't know about (apologies if it is) but is there a way to lock a set after it has been unlocked (primarily from appearing in the shop)? I would really appreciate this feature.
Psyringe

Re: Manually Disable/Lock Sets

Post by Psyringe »

Not yet, but there has been talk about adding a set filter for the shop, and at least one dev seems interested in implementing it (though perhaps not just yet).
Daddy32

Post by Daddy32 »

Well, if you don't know: You can do it by manually removing set's entry in "options.txt" file - that would not prevent it from reappearing later however.
talnin

Post by talnin »

Daddy32 wrote:Well, if you don't know: You can do it by manually removing set's entry in "options.txt" file - that would not prevent it from reappearing later however.
So when you say they will reappear later, does that mean they would 're-unlock' after so many wins again? So I would have to remove the entry every time it came back? Is that right?
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

talnin wrote:So when you say they will reappear later, does that mean they would 're-unlock' after so many wins again? So I would have to remove the entry every time it came back? Is that right?
Yes. the engine would forget that it already unlocked the set, so the next time you unlock a set, the "undesired" set will be back in the pool of the unlocked sets, and might be chosen again.
talnin

Post by talnin »

talnin wrote:Hopefully this isn't already a feature I just don't know about (apologies if it is) but is there a way to lock a set after it has been unlocked (primarily from appearing in the shop)? I would really appreciate this feature.
I see. In that case I definitely think a manual in-game option to disable sets would be best for those that want it like me. Much appreciation for any devs that are able to implement it. Also thanks Psyringe and Daddy32 for answering my questions.