[Suggestion] Display number of cards owned by extension

All about the shop and the way of improving it
Inquisitom

[Suggestion] Display number of cards owned by extension

Post by Inquisitom »

Hello,

My two cents regarding WTG.
Here's a feature which seems quite easy to implement, and which would be useful for the collectioners guys like me ^^
In "Trophy Room", next the number of cards in the extension, it could be nice to have the number of cards owned by the player out of the total :
ex :
10E
275 cards (owned = 247)
Date ....
Nice to know you have to stop buying 10E boosters when you already have all the cards ! ^^

Also, when switching from an extension to another in Trophy Room also, there's a nice Wagic booster pack picture on the left, could it be possible to put the extension picture instead ? (I mean a way to set this in the themes as example ... ;) )
ex (simple analysis) :
if fileexists $APPPATH/res/graphics/trophy_$EXT.png then display it else display trophy_set.png

Thanks
wololo
Site Admin

Re: [Suggestion] Display number of cards owned by extension

Post by wololo »

I like these suggestions, I'll see what we can do :)
Rob

Post by Rob »

Along these lines, how would it address a Master set? (4 of each card)

Regarding the booster pack picture, is it possible to have an option to show the actual booster pack? I know some packs had multiple covers.
I suppose this would violate the copyright if images were included in Wagic, but the booster pack images could be added later like the card images.

Is it possible to list the FULL set name there as well? I played a lot of MTG when Ice Age released but not as much since. Well not until I stumbled upon this application. :) As an old timer, I have no idea of the new set names.
Image Image
· Poof!! · Backlash ·
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Rob wrote:Along these lines, how would it address a Master set? (4 of each card)
Sounds like a nice idea - having 4 of every card in a set, to have "full freedom of choice" when building a deck for that set, sounds like a worthy goal for a collector, so it might to nice to tell the player how far he has progressed towards this goal. :)
Rob wrote:Regarding the booster pack picture, is it possible to have an option to show the actual booster pack?
Support for set-specific booster pictures is planned, so that set creators can put their own graphics there. People who have access to original graphics might insert those there as well.
Rob wrote:Is it possible to list the FULL set name there as well?
Most set names are trademarked, so we haven't included them. You actually can rename them very easily, just rename the set folders - just keep in mind that you did so when you're updating next time. ;) In future versions this will probably be a bit harder (when we implement format enforcement, we have to tell the game which folders belong to which formats, so you can't rename them anymore), but we will probably give people another option to rename their sets by then.
Rob wrote:As an old timer, I have no idea of the new set names.
I know how you feel - prior to Wagic, I only played Shandalar, which has cards up to 4th Edition (I think). The amount of set names was pretty confusing at first. ;) I used this Wikipedia page to find my way around. If you're using images, you may also find this list of set symbols helpful.
Xitoshi

Post by Xitoshi »

Psyringe wrote:
Rob wrote:Is it possible to list the FULL set name there as well?
Most set names are trademarked, so we haven't included them. You actually can rename them very easily, just rename the set folders - just keep in mind that you did so when you're updating next time. ;) In future versions this will probably be a bit harder (when we implement format enforcement, we have to tell the game which folders belong to which formats, so you can't rename them anymore), but we will probably give people another option to rename their sets by then.
There are easy solutions to that, just put a picture with the set name in every set folder, and the game check if that image exist; if it exists, the game shows the image instead the name. Another solution is that the game allows you to rename every set.
Sorry about my poor english; I try my best, but it seems to be insufficient V_Vu