Shop - Suggestions & Ideas

All about the shop and the way of improving it
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Shop - Suggestions & Ideas

Post by wololo »

I won't work on the pricing system too much in the near future. In the long run, as I said, I plan to have some kind of an "online" marketplace system, where the popularity of each card would influence its price.
AlaskaFox

Post by AlaskaFox »

Are starters still sold in 0.71, because I remember seeing a screenshot with them in, but have never seen them in my game. Maybe they were there right at the start, but I can't recall now.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

People asked me to remove starters a while back and replace them with boosters
NyghtcrawleR

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

wololo wrote:People asked me to remove starters a while back and replace them with boosters
Which was fine. One slot for a starter for beginners might be good but for the most part people wont use them but for mass appeal maybe one starter slot or one premade deck already in your deck list... idk.
"Real Magic" Graphic Mod & Image sets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318
Disturbed.1.93

Post by Disturbed.1.93 »

Very good idea. What about preconstructed decks though? I know that building a deck is fun and has a lot to do with the game, but, there are *erm noobies out there who are not yet skilled in building a deck, especially with the limited amount you start out with. Perhaps an idea would be purchasing preconstructed decks for say 2000 - 5000 credits depending on how good they are. One deck I would like to see on Wagic is the Betrayers of Kawmigawa Dark Devotion (my fist deck).
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Disturbed.1.93 wrote:Very good idea. What about preconstructed decks though? I know that building a deck is fun and has a lot to do with the game, but, there are *erm noobies out there who are not yet skilled in building a deck, especially with the limited amount you start out with. Perhaps an idea would be purchasing preconstructed decks for say 2000 - 5000 credits depending on how good they are. One deck I would like to see on Wagic is the Betrayers of Kawmigawa Dark Devotion (my fist deck).
I started adding some "premade" decks to the game. They can't be bought, but as long as you don't have your own deck, they are available to play. Currently there's only one such deck, but I guess more will be added in the future
Thanatos.02

Post by Thanatos.02 »

I like the idea of having theme decks in the shop, however I have some suggestions as to how they might be implemented. there are a number of different types of preconstructed decks ranging from a beginner level of play up to the tournament draft decks -I haven't seen these recently, are they still around?- for more advanced players. perhaps one slot in the shop can be devoted to precons, and depending on the number of games you have played/won the slot "difficulty" will ramp up, so that early on only starter theme decks would appear and as you played the game would rotate through more advanced preconstructed decks finally ending with the tournament draft decks.
just a thought...
Evilbookworm

Post by Evilbookworm »

Personally, I'd be fine paying a good twice, even three times as much per single, if I will have easier access to finding the one I want, as it is, half the time I play is spent refreshing the shop for a card my deck needs, or if I'm trying to recreate one of my real decks in-game... the amount of refreshing is horrendous, it's even worse for sets with no boosters, I'm dreading when I start trying to build my sliver deck, since most of those sets don't have boosters at all...

A system where you could scroll through cards like you can your collection, or even set the shop to only show cards of a certain type/color would be awesome, so if you're trying to build a blue control deck you don't have to go through page upon page of red, green, white, and black creatures and whatnot...

my 2 cents.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

The shop is based on how I had to get cards when I was playing magic, and how most other games do it: A part of luck, a part of experience. Experience (games you win) brings you more contents (more expansions). Luck brings randomness. When I was a kid and entered my local gaming shop, I couldn't know in advance if such or such card would be in stock. That was part of the thrill, and made me try new stuff.
If the sliver you are looking for is not there, forget about it, start building another deck. By the time the sliver pops up, you will have forgotten about it, and be extremely happy to find it.
I understand that some people are not satisfied with this though, and a suggestion is that in the future, there would be an "alternate" shop with more selection but more expensive cards.
Infyra

Post by Infyra »

Since its only possible to buy boosters of bigger sets, would it be an option to somehow include complete blocks in them? So for example there would be a Invasion block booster with Invasion, Planeshift and Apocalypse (in the end) cards in it depending on which sets you have unlocked. I find it somewhat odd that I have to buy singles to get the rares I like from any set that doesnt have its own booster packs.
I know this is a complete departure from the way we buy magic irl, but somehow sets beeing boosterless is a departure as well :)