Shop - Suggestions & Ideas

All about the shop and the way of improving it
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Shop - Suggestions & Ideas

Post by wololo »

bbc wrote:Real Shop Experience
Another way to further into “real shop experience” without implementing a full wifi game is to use a standard card price list as another resource, and refresh it into every new build / release. Maybe it could even be downloaded automatically every day into the SVN resource directory.
Then, instead of using the 20 / 100 / 500 / 2000 prices, we could use a conversion ratio based on booster price ( USD 3 vs 700 credits ) and card price.
The (already implemented) system behind Wagic is much more clever than that. It relies on the popularity of a given card to set its price. The more you buy a card, the more expensive it gets.Of course this was based on the idea of a community, since the prices cannot be really "accurate" with only one user. But that system is in place and works. Once we get a community mechanism, the prices will be updated depending on the cards popularity among Wagic players. This is good, because this way, a card that is overpowered because of a bug will be expensive. Which reflects its value in Wagic (whereas using "official" values reflect the values of the card in MTG, which is quite different). I expect for example, with such a system, that beacon of immortality will get insanely expensive because it allows to get lots of credits with some of the "immortality" tasks
bbc

Re: Shop - Suggestions & Ideas

Post by bbc »

wololo wrote: I expect for example, with such a system, that beacon of immortality will get insanely expensive because it allows to get lots of credits with some of the "immortality" tasks
That is true. I have been looking for one for ages. No luck yet :D