Shop Suggestion

All about the shop and the way of improving it
sephiroth17

Shop Suggestion

Post by sephiroth17 »

First off i found wagic a couple months ago and i love it. Just what i've been looking for, a way to play magic anytime without having to pay for online cards, plus i can take it with me on my psp.(i thought duels of the planeswalkers would be cool but theirs no deck customization and pretty limited cards) Anyway, one thing i found kind sets the game back is the way the shop is set up. Its cool that you have to buy your cards and everything, gives the player something to work for, but its a pain trying to find cards you need. Especially when you need cards from small sets that dont have packs. For example, i finally unlocked Fifth Dawn and have been looking for cranial platings for over an hour till i gave up. Its only a common but i cant get any. when theirs only 9 cards that appear at a time and over 5000 cards in the game its almost impossible to find what you need. I think it would be more helpful if every pack was made available. i realize the small sets aren't because you would get a lot of repeat cards but thats up to the player if they wanna buy that set anyway so i say why not. It would make it a lot easier to find cards you need rather than having to constantly reset that 9 card list and hope for something good to pop up. Another small suggestion. a new layout would be cool that displays every pack unlocked for purchase whenever(like a real card shop) instead of having to reset the list to find the pack your looking for. thats not that big of a deal but it would be more convenient. Thanks and keep up the great work on the awesome game.
Psyringe

Re: Shop Suggestion

Post by Psyringe »

The shop is meant to let people relive the experience of actually buying cards in a shop in the 90s. This means that "customers" have access to regular boosters, and to a (very limited) selection of singles. In these times, it was very hard to get hold of certain cards - but that wasn't a bad thing. It made people think about what they *could* do with the cards available, and they often ended up with strong decks that they wouldn't even have thought about if they just had gotten the cards that they originally wanted. Also, it made people really happy when they actually *did* see a rare and powerful card for sale.

Hence, the shop is not actually meant to be able to give you any card at any time. You can exploit the "Refresh" feature to get any card if you're using it long enough, but as you said, it's a pretty sad way of playing, and we hope that most players will accept the challenge of building strong decks with the cards available, instead of spending hours exploiting the shop to get exactly the card they want.

That said, the next release of Wagic will have two features which address your concerns. One is the ability to request cards with specific features. The cost of the cards will go up the more you narrow down the selection, but if you really want a card, you can request it. The other is mixed boosters - previously, cards from sets with less than 80 cards implemented could only be bought as singles. Now, they can also be bought in mixed boosters (which contain cards from two sets, often from the same block).
Dimoutzi

Post by Dimoutzi »

You can already find "Cranial Plating" if you really want it. Just press the select button so you enter the filter mode and make a filter with settings: "5DN Common Artifact". That basicly puts Cranial Plating in the shop every time you refresh.
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Dimoutzi wrote:You can already find "Cranial Plating" if you really want it. Just press the select button so you enter the filter mode and make a filter with settings: "5DN Common Artifact". That basicly puts Cranial Plating in the shop every time you refresh.
Yep, that's the "request" functionality I mentioned. It will be part of the next release (and is already implemented in the SVN), but it wasn't part of 0.10.1, which I suppose sephiroth17 is using. :)
Daddy32

Post by Daddy32 »

Off topic, but while talking about shop:
In the SVN version, is the price for particular card supposed to be increased as soon as I 'look' at the price of the card and not buy it or is it a bug?

Algorithm:
- Create a narrow filter
- Pick a card, check it's price, don't buy
- Refresh until you see the card again
- Check the price again. It has increased substantially.

This is not only annoying, but can make some cards almost absolutely unavailable (price is increased exponentially and can reach several thousands quickly).
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Humm, actually it should be the opposite... If you have the money but are not willing to buy a card, its price should decrease. And of course, it shouldn't be immediate, but rather, next time you get that card in the shop.
However, the price should immediately increase if you buy the card.

So, yes, probably a bug here... :|
Daddy32

Post by Daddy32 »

Tried once more time and hav to confirm: price rises (not immediately, after refresh).