All about getting the AI less baka...
goojamin

Re: AI Improvement

Post by goojamin »

That sounds awesome!! :D
timmermac

Post by timmermac »

Can we get the AI to stop putting Fear on creatures with Defender? The computer has cast Fear on its Oona's Gatewarden twice in this game...
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

maybe, yes...i think i will add some rules for this, i get tired of seeing ai slap 3 paralizes on cards which already can't attack....
gotherlee

Post by gotherlee »

Oh man, the mass removal cards like wog and damnation the ai uses is the biggest joke in the game. It's better not to use these cards at all then have the ai use them like a complete idiot. ( I think even and idiot would know better.) How complicated can it possibly be to code the ai to use mass removal when there's aleast 1 creature on the field?

It's also much better to have ai use cards like journey to nowhere then say pacifism.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Feel free to improve the ai code, you seem to know much better than us how computers work.
gotherlee

Post by gotherlee »

I wouldn't take a stab at it, 1st I'm new to the magic/wagic scene. Secondly, even though I complain big I actually know next to nothing about ai coding except that it is a very complex thing. :lol:

I just feel that many of the card coding was implemented so that the player could use them but left the ai hanging. Perhaps we can find a workaround on some of the cards or just leave them out would be better.

(I was saying the ai was an idiot btw, not whomever coded it, bad wording there.)
Last edited by gotherlee on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

gotherlee wrote: I just feel that many of the card coding was implemented so that the player could use them but left the ai hanging.
This is true, but we're regularly improving.
Perhaps we can find a workaround on some of the cards or just leave them out would be better.
On average, if we gave those cards to the AI, it's because we estimate the AI handles them correctly. You see all the times the AI plays these cards incorrectly, but you don't see all the times the AI refrains from playing those cards because it knows it would be a bad move. If the AI makes the mistake of playing a "wrath of god" when there's nothing on the battlefield, it's probably that it has refrained from playing it for the past turns, and now estimates it's better to play the card than any other card in its hand. There's a bit of randomness on top of the logic too, and it's not as easy as you think.

On average if a card is in your deck it is usually better to play it at some point. That's probably one of the most important rules for the AI. Yes, it doesn't work great in all cases, but on average that's the best. For the decks with removal, on average it's better for the AI to cast it incorrectly once in a while than to not cast it when it should. The con of this technique is that you sometimes see the AI do stupid stuff. As a human it looks stupid to you, you forget to thik of all the times the AI cast this removal with perfect timing, at which point you just thought it was luck. The answer is: yes it is, but on average it works for the best.

We do not have a minmax AI on the PSP due to technical limitation of the machine and the engine. You can have a look at deckbot if you want a perfect AI, but from the feedback I got, having a great AI is not equivalent to having a great game, and I was told many times that Wagic is more fun to play than other MTG simulations :)
gotherlee

Post by gotherlee »

wololo wrote:
gotherlee wrote:
We do not have a minmax AI on the PSP due to technical limitation of the machine and the engine. You can have a look at deckbot if you want a perfect AI, but from the feedback I got, having a great AI is not equivalent to having a great game, and I was told many times that Wagic is more fun to play than other MTG simulations :)
Hey I agree with you on that it is the best magic simulation I've played so far, compared to duels of the planeswalker 2011 man that game was crepes!
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

is there any way to code the ai's game play??