AI on Targeting Stolen Creatures

All about getting the AI less baka...
Mooterconkey

AI on Targeting Stolen Creatures

Post by Mooterconkey »

I'm not sure if this is one of the little quirks of the AI or maybe it was more a one time thing because I haven't been able to replicate it.

Anyways,

I was summoning away and the bot decided to use a blue control card and steal one of my Atogs (1p/2t, red+1 colorless) to my dismay. The bot was known for using Ball Lightning and multiple lightning bolts and sure enough it used a lightning bolt on it's next turn, to my surprise it targeted my creature that it had stolen, it seemed like the bot didn't check for control when it cast the spell, maybe it was relying on an old controling user value that didn't update or maybe it was only looking at who had summoned the beast.

Just lettin ya know

P.S. Not sure if it's just me but I've never seen a bot blow its mana on a X cost = X damage besides corrupting tendrils, it will sit then and refuse to use the card even when i make sure it has access to it (custom deck + evil twin mode)
Zethfox

Re: AI on Targeting Stolen Creatures

Post by Zethfox »

the ai will not want to use "x" value cards or cards which target multiples if there is too many cards in its hand or unless it can kill something which is considered through recorded stats as a "threat" card...otherwise it will just hold on to it....

the control steal and targeting tho, thats a double edged blade. if we tell ai not to kill something it gained control of from your side, then if it used a "until end of turn" control steal card, it would have lost the chance to rid the field of it.