lords

All about getting the AI less baka...
rawsugar

lords

Post by rawsugar »

It seems to me that atm AI is programmed to get down lords before other creatures, could this be removed / loosened up somwhat?
Sometimes this makes AI hold on to creatures it could play because its waiting to get the lord down - even if it has mana for the creature but not the lord!
this is especially an issue with might slivers but ive noticed the same with soldiers et al as well
Zethfox

Re: lords

Post by Zethfox »

im not sure this is very true, the ai plays cards in order starting with creature...if by chance it played a creature i might not play another, that could be true...but ai will not simply hold a creature just becuase it has a lord in hand....
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Yeah this statement is not true. The AI does not "hold on", the basic rule is "play the most expensive card I can, especially if it's a creature"
rawsugar

Post by rawsugar »

hmm this is weird cuz ive seen it plenty of times Ai doing nothing for a few rounds and then after playing a lord suddenly it plays a few small creatures. might be ranom behavious that ive interpreted tho.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

yeah it might be, the ai does have a splash of randomness, it might have decided not to play the big creature, or the creature had an effect which was not appealing to the ai so it reduced the chance to play that card, then it decided to cast the smaller ones instead...that is possible, however it wont hold on to cards just to play a lord...no matter how good the lord is...
rawsugar

Post by rawsugar »

well sometimes it doesnt cast spells, creatures especially, even though it has the mana for it, until it manages to cast the expensive creature in a later round. i figured it was waiting for the lord but maybe it was just baka;)
rawsugar

Post by rawsugar »

no there is definitely an issue here, mostly with slivers. AI refuses to cast the small slivers until it has the might sliver down.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

is it a custom sliver deck you built for ai?
if so does it include multi-mana lands?

if thats the case ai can only see the very first mana abilities on a manaproducing card...so it wont be able to cast a frenzy sliver with a lotus petal for exsample...as it sees lotus petal as a pure green source...and nothing else.
rawsugar

Post by rawsugar »

well the problem is also there w monogreen. Its not QUITE as big an issue as i first thought, but if it has a might or muscle sliver in starting hand sometimes it gets all screwy with holding back on the nonbonus creatures. Sometimes it will even hold back the lord until it can cast both a lord and a creature to benefit from it in the same round. But sometimes it plays normally...dunno what to ake of it..
Doesnt seems to affect casting of enchantments however.