side deck request

Suggestions and Ideas to improve the in-game deck editor
wins22

side deck request

Post by wins22 »

I know some people have already commented on the need for improvement in the deck editor and I know that might take a while. However in the meantime, I would suggest the incorporation of a side deck to each deck you make.

For example, when i take cards out of the deck with the [o] button, it goes to a side deck instead of back into the card collection. From the side deck, you could either make a system involving a menu when you press [o] to put it into your main deck or move it back to your card collection or you could have the [x] (since I doubt most people would sell cards in their side deck) as a way to move it back to your collection.

This would greatly improve the time spent in deck editor, since most of the time I'm considering several cards that would be good but aren't sure which ones to put it, and then I test them and it takes ages to go back and find those cards again.
Onitenshi

Re: side deck request

Post by Onitenshi »

A side deck is usefull when you play a tournament with a few rounds and with the possibility to change some cards between the matches. Since there is no tournament mode at the time, implementing a sidedeck is simply a nice-to-have-but-not-really-needed
ImageImageImageImageImage
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

I think wins22 meant an area to collect cards "under consideration" for a deck, without actually adding them to the deck, rather than a sideboard. The deck editor was designed when Wagic had far, far fewer cards, and with several thousand cards in the collection, fine-tuning a deck by swapping cards in and out becomes difficult, since you have to scroll through hundreds of cards to find a specific one.

With an "under consideration" area, you could browse the collection once, add all cards that might work well in the deck to this area, and then can swap cards in and out between the deck and the "consideration area", which should be much quicker since there aren't hundreds of irrelevant cards getting in the way. :)
Daddy32

Post by Daddy32 »

Quite an elegant idea, I must say. It actually replicates my behavior when tuning real-life mtg decks, it just never occurred to me how useful it would be in Wagic. :)
flad_nag

Post by flad_nag »

i believe i have requested this before. and yes, once you unlock all cards, its very difficult to scroll through the cards back and forth just to fine tune your deck.