New Advanced Browsing Card System?

Suggestions and Ideas to improve the in-game deck editor
belux

New Advanced Browsing Card System?

Post by belux »

Currently, wagic has a huge amount of cards, so browsing the collection in order to build a deck is becoming troublesome. :?
In the next release I'd like an advanced browsing system :idea: based on type and/or mana cost, like:

- land (already present)
- artifact (already present)
- black (already present)
- blue (already present)
- green (already present)
- red (already present)
- white (already present)

then each color should have a submenù filter based on the card type (ex for black):

- (black) creature
- (black) aura
- (black) sorcery
- (black) instant
- (black) equipment

finally, all the previous lists, should have a mana cost filter:

1 mana
- (black - sorcery) B
- (black - sorcery) XB

2 mana
- (black - sorcery) 1B
- (black - sorcery) BB

3 mana
- (black - sorcery) 2B
- (black - sorcery) 1BB
- (black - sorcery) BBB

4 mana
- (black - sorcery) 3B
- (black - sorcery) 2BB
- (black - sorcery) 1BBB
- (black - sorcery) BBBB
etc

obviously if a menù and/or a submenù has 0 cards in total, it should not be dysplayed.

what do you think about it? :mrgreen:
It's complicated programming it? :?:
nobody

Re: New Advanced Browsing Card System?

Post by nobody »

I agree, you should also be able to sort the current list by card type/casting cost/rarity/power/toughness instead of being forced to sort them by name.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

nobody wrote:you should also be able to sort the current list by card type/casting cost/rarity/power/toughness instead of being forced to sort them by name.
this is probably not doable in an acceptable CPU time
orine

Post by orine »

wololo wrote:
nobody wrote:you should also be able to sort the current list by card type/casting cost/rarity/power/toughness instead of being forced to sort them by name.
This is actually doable even for PSP.

For a private mod, I'm working on yet another collection browser (deck editor), which has a classical 2d catalog-style look and sorting capability. There are choices of doing sort by Name, Color, Quantity, Rarity, Type, Power, Toughness, ManaCost, and ID. My code works well (at least sorting), and all sorting procedures for all available cards (my WTH has 2189 cards) can be done in a moment. PSP is fast enough.

This mod is not finished yet, but I'd like to contribute my code asap. (i'm not an official coder of the WTH project)
belux

Post by belux »

orine wrote:
wololo wrote:
This is actually doable even for PSP.

For a private mod, I'm working on yet another collection browser (deck editor), which has a classical 2d catalog-style look and sorting capability. There are choices of doing sort by Name, Color, Quantity, Rarity, Type, Power, Toughness, ManaCost, and ID. My code works well (at least sorting), and all sorting procedures for all available cards (my WTH has 2189 cards) can be done in a moment. PSP is fast enough.

This mod is not finished yet, but I'd like to contribute my code asap. (i'm not an official coder of the WTH project)
cool, I'm really looking for it! :mrgreen:
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

You should !

Just ask wololo...

Your addition were great !!! The sleep modus is soooo cool, we cannot thank you enough for this one...

Hope to see you mod ASAP...

Grü.

L.
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
DrLitebur

Post by DrLitebur »

I'd be happy with just the sub-type filter (sourcery, instant, creatures, etc). It would make this a lot easier to filter and sort through. Not that I am complaining. The game is a lot of fun. I think it is one of the most used games on my PSP.
belux

Post by belux »

DrLitebur wrote:I'd be happy with just the sub-type filter (sourcery, instant, creatures, etc). It would make this a lot easier to filter and sort through. Not that I am complaining. The game is a lot of fun. I think it is one of the most used games on my PSP.
No one here is complaining :)
I really think that "wagic" is the greatest homebreew every made on psp, but "the more hungry you are, the more hungry you become", and we (magic players) are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery hungry. :mrgreen:
Always thanks to wololo and the other coders!
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

It would be nice to have a search by name function added to Wagic, as today, my Wagic has somewhere in the region of 10,000 cards, and finding specific cards is a bit of a pain.

Also, idea for a new deck editor browsing system: rather than display every card, with full artwork, in rows, which leads to lag and slow browsing (especially with artwork added and on the PSP), an alternate display method should be available (toggle in options), which displays cards in a grid, with the thumbnail artwork (will reduce lag, as well as fit more cards on screen, for faster browsing). At the top of the screen, there must be a little space to display the currently highlighted card's name. Clicking/pressing O/tapping on a card thumbnail can load the full artwork (NB full artwork for any card must Not be loaded, until such a request is sent, to avoid PSP ram limit problems) Other than that, the browsing system can be pretty much the same.

It would be great to see something like this, maybe in Wagic 0.2 (!).
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=66181
Wololo's article: http://wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/