Filtering

Suggestions and Ideas to improve the in-game deck editor
devi59

Filtering

Post by devi59 »

I have loved the way the filtering continues to improve and I thought that by adding more filters to the same line it was supposed to narrow the search and fine tune it more. It looked like to me it WASNT doing this but after today with trying to input my real decks into it I found it DOES work. Now I have a small request to add to this. When I have say Blue Creature Letter C I would like it if I click on one of those to instead of giving me the entire list again to just go to said section already i.e. I click "Blue" it brings up the list of white blue black exclusive blue etc. and if I were to click Letter C it would bring up the list of Letters again to choose instead of it bringing up the entire list. It would cut down on filtering for me. If it would be too hard I don't mind (wagic is already THE reason to have a PSP) but it would be nice unless the filtering is getting some major overhaul. I would like it because say I have a deck of all blue cards. I could leave it at Blue then change the type and first letter quicker if I could just go to those choices instantly instead of the list. Thanks again for awesome!
Zethfox

Re: Filtering

Post by Zethfox »

when you filter if you press up or down in the card selection, it should allow the filter to move into those colors....
atleast i think it does this without having to redo the filter...if not, you can just open "filter by" and don't change anything, just click "done" again and it should refilter everything.
devi59

Post by devi59 »

yea it does do that. I might not be getting what I would like to see across. I have my decks sitting here and I'm putting them into wagic (AWESOME) obviously some cards are still unsupported and whatever. When I'm trying to add the easiest thign for me to do is sort by type, color and set. I dont know the sets by heart so im looking them up on wizards as I am doing it. I can set it to whatever color and type easily then I just need to set first letter or some "3rd or 4th" attribute to narrow the results down. Its not a big deal and it would only save me seconds of searching but if I can put 2 "common" attributes to search by and then just change first letter or something it goes faster. Every time I click on "Letter E" or whatever after I've gotten my "e" cards I want to change it quickly to say "Letter J" or whatever but I have to click on it, go up (or down) to Letter then go through to said letter. Like I said its not critical nor is it life saving but saving just a few seconds would be nice if the coding wasn't a horrible rewrite.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I'm not entirely following ... is there a way you could "draw" the kind of behavior you expect and post the image here?
devi59

Post by devi59 »

yea i sure will, i just got off work (i work graveyard shift 10pm to 6am) so im pretty tired but ill do it when I get up later.
devi59

Post by devi59 »

Ok. Here it is. So what happens is I search for a Rare Red Letter A 3 Mana card. I find it, add it etc. Then I have another card that I want to add that is say Rare Red Letter A 0 Mana. Obviously Rare, Red, Letter A are the same in that example the only difference is the Mana Cost. So when I click on 3 Mana wanting to change it to 0 Mana instead of just giving me the choice of the Mana Costs again it sends me to the "main" menu so I have to scroll down repick Mana Cost then it brings open the "menu" I want letting me choose the new filter (in this case 0 mana). Like I said its just a small change (though probably a HUGE coding change) that would save me some time when trying to use the in game editor to make my decks (it's the only way I know to do it, apparently there are others??)
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Thanks, I understand, this is a good suggestion.
No promise or anything, but if any dev wants to pick this up, I agree that this would be a nice addition.
devi59

Post by devi59 »

Cool, I knew it was a good idea. It seems more like a "natural" fit to me then the current way it loads the menus. But again, I understand if it would be too hard or complicated to change the code for it. It's also not a big rush or high priority, I would just like it someday if it's in the "cards" (Heh, such a bad pun). Anyway, I'd much rather see card mechanic's coded (like proliferate off the top of my head) done first before anyone tackles this unless it would be an easy recode. Thanks again!