Deck statistics and some random Q's.

Suggestions and Ideas to improve the in-game deck editor
Saint

Deck statistics and some random Q's.

Post by Saint »

Just wondering if you guys are planning on adding that in the future, like for starters Victory/loss chance, Mana Curve (if possible), battles won and lost, chance amount of lands in your first hand etc. etc. (kinda what there doing at starcitygames.com).

Next to that i was curious if the deck's name shows before you start playing like Good knight Vs. Your deck and then the game starts or just have the name in the corner somewere.

And i was wondering (this mostly goes out to wolo i think) what the status on planeswalkers is thus far and if i could get the code if you started on it already :P

Had a few other questions but i forgot so might add those l8er lol
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
Psyringe

Re: Deck statistics and some random Q's.

Post by Psyringe »

Saint wrote:Just wondering if you guys are planning on adding that in the future, like for starters Victory/loss chance, Mana Curve (if possible), battles won and lost, chance amount of lands in your first hand etc. etc.
Erm, are you playing the game? Daddy32 added deck statistics months ago.
Saint wrote:Next to that i was curious if the deck's name shows before you start playing like Good knight Vs. Your deck and then the game starts or just have the name in the corner somewere.
Has been considered as a good idea, but hasn't been implemented yet.
Saint wrote:And i was wondering (this mostly goes out to wolo i think) what the status on planeswalkers is thus far and if i could get the code if you started on it already :P
There's no code regarding planeswalkers in the current SVN.
Saint

Post by Saint »

Psyringe wrote:Erm, are you playing the game? Daddy32 added deck statistics months ago.
Erm, Yes i am, not SVN though, were should it be under? and does it have mana curve and % chance of mana in opening hand aswell? and were can i find it then?
Psyringe wrote:Has been considered as a good idea, but hasn't been implemented yet.
Ok well will just have to wait for that then, shoulden't be to hard to code in (or make a splash screen interrupt or just written on the battlefield corner).
Psyringe wrote:There's no code regarding planeswalkers in the current SVN.
Anyone looking into that? or that still an open case? cuz i might have some free time soon so i'll be fondeling aound with it a bit then.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Saint wrote:Erm, Yes i am, not SVN though, were should it be under? and does it have mana curve and % chance of mana in opening hand aswell? and were can i find it then?
Deck statistics are part of Wagic since 0.9.1 which was released last October. Press the shoulder buttons while in the deck editor.
Saint wrote:
Anyone looking into that? or that still an open case? cuz i might have some free time soon so i'll be fondeling aound with it a bit then.
I don't think anybody is working on Planeswalkers right now. Fondle with the code to your heart's content. :) Be aware though that there are lots of other missing features which will be much easier to implement, so by starting with Planeswalkers without being familiar with the code already you're certainly going the tough road.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Saint wrote:
It's too complex for you to start with this IMO. You should start by fixing bugs or adding "simple" cards to the code.

also, my nickname is wololo. Not that I really care about it, but I've seen you making that mistake several times ;)
Saint

Post by Saint »

wololo wrote: also, my nickname is wololo. Not that I really care about it, but I've seen you making that mistake several times ;)
It's not a mistake i cut names short, i call psyringe, psy, you wolo so its not really a mistake but if you care so much about it that i need to write the full wololo i'll do that in the future :P
wololo wrote: It's too complex for you to start with this IMO. You should start by fixing bugs or adding "simple" cards to the code.
Next to that fixing small bugs is great but you do lose some players for the lack of planeswalkers (idk why because most of them suck in my opinion) so that's just why i asked :)
Psyringe wrote:Deck statistics are part of Wagic since 0.9.1 which was released last October. Press the shoulder buttons while in the deck editor.
Found it xD don't spend much time in deck editor (i know what i want to make before i go in :P) so had no idea it was there but i found it xD
Psyringe wrote:I don't think anybody is working on Planeswalkers right now. Fondle with the code to your heart's content. :) Be aware though that there are lots of other missing features which will be much easier to implement, so by starting with Planeswalkers without being familiar with the code already you're certainly going the tough road.
Didn't say i'd actually fix it, i just sayed i'd fondle with it :P see if i can do something with it but i'll first read the entire engine then i'll see what/if i can do something with it to make it work, no promises but its worth to take a look at.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Saint wrote:
wololo wrote: It's too complex for you to start with this IMO. You should start by fixing bugs or adding "simple" cards to the code.
Next to that fixing small bugs is great but you do lose some players for the lack of planeswalkers (idk why because most of them suck in my opinion) so that's just why i asked :)
Don't get me wrong,I admit that planeswalkers woud be a great addition to Wagic :)
They've been requested several times in the past, so I understand they are important to lots of people.
I would love for someone to step up and work on planeswalkers, but it involves changes in lots of zones of the code, especially the following:
- card types management
- all steps of combat phase, including combat damage
- GUI (attackers declaration, also, where to physically put the planeswalkers so that they don't bother other cards, etc...)
- Parser code / abilities

It's probably the most difficult change that has been asked to us so far. So, yeah, I wouldn't suggest that as a starting point :mrgreen:
Saint

Post by Saint »

wololo wrote: Don't get me wrong,I admit that planeswalkers woud be a great addition to Wagic :)
They've been requested several times in the past, so I understand they are important to lots of people.
I would love for someone to step up and work on planeswalkers, but it involves changes in lots of zones of the code, especially the following:
- card types management
- all steps of combat phase, including combat damage
- GUI (attackers declaration, also, where to physically put the planeswalkers so that they don't bother other cards, etc...)
- Parser code / abilities

It's probably the most difficult change that has been asked to us so far. So, yeah, I wouldn't suggest that as a starting point :mrgreen:
Well it should mostlikely be coded as a "player" since you'll be able to target it directly as a player with your creatures (and then a normal assign blockers phase should be added, maybe make a subphase were you can choose your target, the opponent or the planeswalker), but then again you can't target it with things like Lava Axe but you can then Redirect the damage towards it as you choose according to the rules, it should work with counters, the abilities give them extra counters or less counters but then again it needs to be a different kind of counters then we have right now because you cant use other cards to put counters on them.
It has to be a completely different type (like Creature, Enchantment, but then now Planeswalker) because it can't be the target for say a Terror or Doomblade but CAN be a target for Vampire Hexmage's ability and Desert Twister's ability.
The abilities itself should have a cap on them for one ability a turn, plus they should have a "haste" quality because you can use it as soon as you play it.
Well that's basicly it :) there are some side rules to them but this is the big part of it.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

You're not mentioning the GUI changes and the combat phases which are the big work on this project. implementing the rules related to planeswalkers such as counters and the possibility to target them as "permanents" is a piece of cake compared to the changes required in the GUI and the combat phase. Just have a look at GuiCombat.cpp to see what I mean ;)
Saint

Post by Saint »

Yeah i checked that out but can't we simple make a subphase with instead of "if "Planeswalker" "0"" Pos, Enemy Avatar.
"If "Planeswalker" "1"" Pos, Enemy Avatar, Planeswalker.

Idk something like that, thats way to simple i know but just to make a check if there's a planeswalker yes or no, if there is it should give you the chance to choose between the opponent and Planeswalker (kind of like Terror can't be used on a black creature so it's greyed out), I think something like that should be the minimal way and then just let it include a Planeswalker Rules file on wich can and can't be done.