Online Mode!

Suggestion about new game mode (campaign, EDH, etc...)
Pablohc86

Online Mode!

Post by Pablohc86 »

I think it's not too hard!
The possibility to connect the user with the wifi communication to a room like the MWS way...
and play with other people.
The big advantage is that this possibility don't need program the card because player put the card in play and do the options...
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Online Mode!

Post by wololo »

Pablohc86 wrote:I think it's not too hard!
Then do it!
Pablohc86

Post by Pablohc86 »

wololo wrote:
Pablohc86 wrote:I think it's not too hard!
Then do it!
yes yes it's only a supposition coz the hardest thing to do in magic I think it's to play a deck with the excellent way.
But it is surely not a joke...
and for free wagic it's a good realization imho!
great wololo and his team!
Szei

Post by Szei »

This has been requested innumerable times and is on the longterm to-do-list. Believe it or not, adding online capabilities is actually quite difficult.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

The main problem for me right now is not the difficulty, but boredom.
Coding a network library is something I really hate to do. I love to code stuff and see the results directly. When I add a new card, I can see it working.
a Network library is weeks of work for no visible result. I'm also not motivated by the fact that I will never use a network game myself, considering I now absolutely nobody in my neighborhood who's into Magic or the PSP...

So, yeah :|
Daddy32

Post by Daddy32 »

On the other topic but still about the networking:

Is it easy to program at least simple http get/put requests? Are there libraries/APIs for it?
If so, it should be easy to create simple community engine, letting people submit their scores/decks/whatever or for example basing the card costs on their real demand among the Wagic players (or even create an online card market, if we were serious about it) - this way, everybody would be able to "feel" the community and experience sort-of meta-multiplayer regardless access to the real PSP+Wagic people in their neighborhood :)
TioSolid

Post by TioSolid »

CSPSP has a very capable online mode. I know its TOTALLY different from Wagic but it supports servers, messages and things like that. wouldnt it be a good start?
whismer

Post by whismer »

I don't want to make some pub but they are a lot of other program like MWS or OCTGN for this kind of play... (TWO players with no auto-resolving action)...

Don't need this in Wagic for me... I love Wagic for the AI. When you play against other people, they want to play T2 but I love to play funny deck and against the AI it's cool for that!

Whis
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I've said it already but it is perfectly fine to mention other free MTG software here, no problem at all with that. ;)
People who want to try online might give a try to incantus as well.
TioSolid

Post by TioSolid »

I think adhoc, for now, would be awesome