Online Mode!

Suggestion about new game mode (campaign, EDH, etc...)
Saint

Re: Online Mode!

Post by Saint »

What about coding a server, like MWS does and then randomly match players against eachother, might be able to work it out even more with rankings and so on making beginners match up with beginners, pro's with pro's (or if your a pro work your way up real quick to the pro rankings) etc etc.

The only thing Wagic needs to do is connect to the server, the server gathers the people and monitors the requests send and received from both sides (thus playing the game) and eventually announce a winner. It should be doable and it will increase the fun and challenge of the game dramaticly.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

The only issue is that it is extremely boring for me to code a network library, and I code for fun...so that's why it takes time
Saint

Post by Saint »

@Wolo The fact that coding network libraries, setting up a hosting system, creating a login and password or ip based protocol (if you want to work with a ranking system, wich would be best, and if you want to keep track of who matched up with who etc. (and it will mostlikely end up as a login and password thing because tons of ppl have dynamic IP's so that's alot harder to code in) is mostlikely the reason your stuck with doing it and nobody else takes it off your hands lol :P it would seriously improve the fun of the gameplay though because you can test your skills against actual skilled players :)
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
TioSolid

Post by TioSolid »

Hi Wololo! As I said, cant you use the same library used on CSPSP? They have a very nice online system and I THINK the developer used a common network library (not coded by himself)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

it would be great if you could point me to that library, I can't find anything like that in a "ready to use" state...
Saint

Post by Saint »

Well i guess what TheSolid is referring to is to download counterstrike psp version (CSPSP) and just rip the network library (google away :P can't find it right away myself since there main server seems to be for sale lol)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I can't find the source code for CSPSP is what I've been trying to say, I guess...
TioSolid

Post by TioSolid »

Oh, I checked their website and looks like they didnt publish their source code :/. Thats bad
Saint

Post by Saint »

Can't seem to find any source code for a premade network lib either, been googleing for a while :(
TioSolid

Post by TioSolid »

I remember that TripleTriadPSP had an online mode too. do you know if they released their source code?